Skip to main content

Going Back To Olowalu

To be able to go back to he place where we were married 7 years ago was amazing! Bree and Dan's wedding was, perhaps, how I envisioned mine before the rain happened but I am glad the rain happened because my wedding was very different from Bree's. So instead of experiencing the same wedding twice, I experienced two wonderful weddings. The feeling of the place was familiar but yet brand new. I was very glad to be "the guest" this time around. I am so glad I bought a fabulous dress from Antropologie to wear. There is something to be said about fashion and feeling fabulous in it. I wish I had a pair of the pink Kate Spade shoes that Bree was wearing under her wedding dress. Speaking of clothing, her dress was very pretty, super lacy but elegant. I had a very simple, beach-y dress. I guess maybe that is why I loved the dress I wore to her wedding because it was long and flowing. It was my second chance to wear a fabulous dress. We were the first guests to arrive at the Plantation House so we took the time to wander around which we didn't necessarily get to do on our wedding day. We took pictures in places we saw in our wedding photos but that we weren't able to see or spend time at during our wedding, so that was nice. The view was still beautiful as ever! Bree's colors were pink and orange so everything was bright and happy. The guests were all dressed elegantly. It was a magical evening. It was fun to see the pictures come in and see how they experienced their special time at Olowalu. From all indicators, it seemed that their guests had a magical time too. The wedding took place along the ocean front. There were umbrella's for guests to use to block out the sun. Dan walked in with a cocktail which I thought was funny. The guests sat wherever they wanted in the white chairs that were set up. There were rose petal along the isle. The minister looked friendly. The waves were crashing perfectly. Then came the music and all eyes turned to watch Bree and her Dad come out of the plantation house and make that long walk across the lawn down to where Dan was waiting for her (minus the drink). It really was just perfect and how I envisioned my walk to be, although my walked turned out to be a walk throughout the house and onto the porch of the plantation house. They said their vows and what was surprising was that Dan cried so much. It was really very sweet. The ceremony didn't last long. Penny had wandered off and hubs followed. Before we knew it the photographer was taking pictures and the appetizers were being serviced. This time I got to try all of the appetizers and quite of few of them. This time I got to try several cocktails that were very good tasting. Hubs entered a drinking contest with Bree's brother, Matt, a college boy and people soon learned there was another side to my usually quiet hubby. Instead of one long table under a tent, Bree had several tables for her guests. Everyone received a beach towel that instructed them where to sit for dinner. Dinner was steak and fish with potatoes and broccoli. We had started out with salad and cheese. They even thought of the three children and got them chicken nugget plates. They had a dessert table with mini little confectionaries set up. I realized I missed the cake after the wedding. But I am pretty sure Bree didn't get a pineapple cake like we did. Hubs, Penny, and I got and kept the dancing going throughout the evening. I think people were surprised to see hubs so boisterous. It was a good evening. Penny literally passed out on the dance floor. The last song for the night was the Hawaiian "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" which was hubs and I song. We started dancing and Penny made us sit on the floor where she passed out. It was a good time. I had to drive the big tank of a rental car, a Dodger Charger, back to Lahaina and I was so nervous. That car was like a tank to drive. We got back to the hotel and hubs and Penny took up residence on the bed and never left.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buffalo Wild Wings

When I was going to Michigan State University, my friends and I would always go to BW3's for hot wings. They always had a variety of flavored wings from Honey BBQ to steaming hot, hot, death wings. Wings and a beer were just the thing to satisfy a busy student's appetite. When we frequented BW3's it was a dive bar but by the time my brother graduated from MSU they swapped locations for a building across the street and turned the name to Buffalo Wild Wings and the restaurant became more like a chain thing. Well, color me shocked the other day when we went to the movies and I saw a Buffalo Wild Wings being built in the AMC Burbank 16 complex. Apparently, after looking on their website they are one of the fastest top 10 chains in the US. So of course I had to introduce the hubby to one of my favorite college treats. I don't think he is so much a fan of chicken wings so we got boneless chicken wings a.k.a. tasty little chicken chunks in two of the flavored sauc

The Lost Art of Letter Writing

This week I was the recepient of two postcards. In the age of e-mailing and blogging this is a rare occurrrance. It's not that people don't write anymore it's just they are doing it in different forms and I think in less personal forms. It's kinda sad when you think about it. For me, there is nothing better then getting a hand written letter in the mail because it means someone was specifically thinking about you. Writing a letter these days takes a lot of effort when GMail is so near. I mean a person has to pick out stationary (if they even have any on hand), find time to sit down and compose a letter (and who has a spare half hour these days?), find or buy a stamp and actually walk the letter to the mailbox. With all this effort, no wonder people email these days! My girlfriend Becky and I joke that the United States Postal Service has become "Snail Mail." Most times before a letter gets to us these days we already know the information inside

Everyone is Having Kids

Yesterday, one of my roommates from the Burbank years gave birth to a little girl. This is her third child. While I am so completely happy for her this happy celebration has gotten me thinking about children and nosey people who ask me when I am going to have them. Some might think this subject is it too personal for blog talk but I figure if people want to bud into my business by asking me about kids then I can bud into yours by talking about them. I realize that I am physically old enough to have kids but being physically old enough isn't enough for me. Today, as I looked at my friend's blog describing her birthing experience, I realized the only reason I am thinking about children so much lately is because so many darn people are asking me about them. Every single friggin day I run into "Patty" at work. I have known her for a very long time and while I know she was super happy for me when I got married, I am so not happy about her enthusiasm about me having bab