Skip to main content

So Close, Yet So Far Away

Penny has come to realize which of her family lives close and which family is far away. It was clear to me after watching her FaceTime with hub's parents. After seeing her YaYa on the screen for a second she asked to see her. She then progressed to hand me the iPad and went directly to the back door (which she knows how to unlock) and let herself out, where she progressed to go stand by the car door. When I approached her again she asked if we could go to see YaYa. She asked quite bit that evening and over the next day that it made me want to fulfill her wish to see her YaYa. So I planned a visit the following weekend with her YaYa, NoNo, and cousins Clayton and Jaxon whom, she all asked for by name. we had a great tie celebrating Clayton's 9th birthday. We took him to a trampoline place and then treated him to lunch at Foster Freeze where we all partook in ice cream. Penny also had a good time swimming in the pool with NoNo and Jaxon. Then there was hot tubbing with Jaxon and fighting in general over toys. I heard "Mine" "Mine" so much I thought I was in a Disney movie. We all had a great time. As we drove home Penny would look back from time to time and reach for YaYa who she knew she was leaving behind in the distance.
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Behind Door Number One

Have you ever watched those TV Game shows where they have a couple of doors and behind one is a grand prize? Well, this weekend the hub and I found out what was behind our Door #1. The hubby and I are starting the beginning phases of landscaping our backyard. Our first step, was to clean out the area behind our garage. When we moved in, there was about 2 feet of walking space behind our garage the rest of the area was covered in vines. Vines were growing on the roof and generally it was a mess. Not wanting the vines to take over the roof, we I started to clear out the vines last fall. But after we cut a million vines with only a pair of clippers we gave up and decided to clean out the rest in the spring. Spring came around and we didn't do much until one day when I was sick a few weeks ago, I ran into our gardener. I showed him the mess and asked if he knew of anyone who could come clean it out. I could tell he was actually, quite happy for me to broach the subject of ...

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 2

Five more questions. The first three to respond with correct answers by Midnight tonight wins a DVD from the ones I have. 1. What drink did I try to order in an Austrian Restaurant but was served sludge instead (two answers I will accept)? 2. What is the name of the hotel I stayed at in Amsterdam? 3. Who was the last person Brokencnady wished happy birthday to and who is that person in relation to lollipop? 4. What was the purpose of lollipop visiting Austria? 5. During my trip to Amsterdam for the trade show I saw a movie I later took my Husband to see the week after I returned which movie is it? GOOD LUCK!

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 3

Ok, so who will be the first to respond today Vanessa or Toby? The competition is getting tough!!! Remember people I have 3 DVD's to give away daily. So make sure to play!! If you are just chiming in, you can find the answers in previous blogs or trust what the previous people have posted is correct and steal their answers. 1. What color was the robe the hub and I wore at Red Rock? 2. What item in my Red Rock Hotel room did I like the most? 3. What is the full name of the friend whose house we stayed at in Vegas? 4. Which cartoon character did I think the printer guy in Austria looked like? 5. Which Red Light District themed "lady" was my favorite?