Skip to main content

Our Weekend

Our blockbuster film got off to a good start on Friday, so my boss let us all go home early. I picked up Ms. P from daycare and we started our weekend early! Yay! When we got home we found Papa hanging up Vinylmation display cases in the dining room. I am not quite sure how I feel about having so many dolls in our dining room but alas, it makes Papa really happy and I guess that is what is most important. After watching Papa fill the last, of 7 display cases, it was time for dinner. Papa offered to pick up some food from The Oinkster for dinner. I really wanted to get a pulled pork sandwich but alas, I am learning how to pick the healthy thing on menus now so I went with Chicken and a salad. It was actually pretty good. At least now, thanks to diabetes I am trying new things on the menu. Ms. P wasn't interested in chicken nor the salad and went for the French fries. I think she likes the act of dipping fries into ketchup more than the taste of french fries themselves. With ketchup all over her it was into the bathtub for Ms. P and afterward we watched a big of Disney Jr. before she headed to bed. The next morning, we woke up and headed out to some garages sales. Each year our neighbor gets together and puts on a big neighborhood sale. Usually we are out of town or doing something so this was the first time we actually got to go to the sales. For the 2 hours of effort and 80 sales, we ended up with some scrapbooking stickers and a little motorized car for Ms. P. I spent a grand total of $1.35 on five items. I was really hoping to find some toys for Ms. P but these sales really didn't have much or they had a ton of ragged stuffed animals. I was surprised when Ms. P sat down to play with the car as it looked like an older boy's toy. She played with it for a good 5 minutes so I took that as my cue to hand over the .50 cents it required for it to become hers. Ms. P had fun playing with it for a while when we got home. She liked pushing it toward Moses and scaring him out of sleep. I don't think he was as pleased with the purchase as Ms. P was. After some playing it was time for a nap. When Ms. P woke up later that afternoon we decided to take Ms. P to the public swimming pool near our house. It only costs $2.50 to get in and we received a .50 cent discount with our library cards. Ms. P had a blast! She really likes the pool. She had such a good experience last weekend over Father's Day we thought we would repeat the experience. I had taken a blow up turtle with us I had bought at Target but they wouldn't let us take it in. I was bummed about that as she had fun last week hanging onto a blow up. As soon as we got to the pool area, we found that they do permit "noodles," which are quite long and large. I would think those would be banned too but I guess people could bring gigantic blow ups, so I supposed that is why they don't allow them. Noodles are the same size. Anyhow, Ms. P loved splashing and bobbing up and down in her Little Mermaid one piece suit. I was trying to get her to kick her feet and stick her head in the water but she is not quite ready yet. She wasn't scared but you could see in her eyes she was still processing the whole experience. She did like it when Mom jumped up and down with her. There would be an occasional splash from nearby children that would get us soaked. I could see that Ms. P wanted to get made but she liked the water too much. Toward the end she did like it when mom and dad were pushing her back and forth to immitate swimming. Perhaps, I will have to sign us up for a swimming class this summer? Hum? After swimming I felt like some ice cream but alas, I have to be all healthy about it so we found a frozen yogurt shop near our house and I got a small cup of ice cream while Papa and Ms. P got a big cup. I am not really sure how healthy frozen yogurt is so I got a small serving. Recently, we have introduced Ms. P to ice cream and fudge bars so we thought she would like frozen yogurt but she really wasn't interested. I am not sure if it was the flavors (as this place did have odd flavors) or the texture. She took a few bites and was done. So unlike the pie from last weekend! On Sunday, we ran a bunch of errands in the morning. We checked out the grocery store Sprouts in Burbank. Several friends suggested we go shop there because of all the healthy organic foods. Ms. P for some reason loved the store,s he ran around very excited to be there. She was yelling in the isles. I've never seen her so excited about grocery shopping. I handed her packages to put in the cart and she decided to put some of her own things in the cart too. I think she had a really good time. Afterward we hit up Costco and then went to the pet store to get Moses some food and treats. Ms. P loves the pet store as she likes seeing all the dogs. Today, a big mastiff dog was in the shop. Ms. P couldn't believe how big he was. It was like a horse. I could see her doing a double take. I didn't let her get close to that dog as he seemed to be uneasy around her. We got home and Ms. P took a big long nap. Afterward, Ms. P helped momma and papa replant a lot of trees and bushes int he backyard. Ms. P was very helpful. She loved taking big handfuls of dirt and placing the dirt into the potters. She also discovered momma's bird decorations. She took those two little birds around the whole backyard. She was very disappointed that I wouldn't let her take them inside the house. I had to explain that they belonged outside. We finished up the weekend by watching Cinderella. Ms. P got a kick out of watch the mice being chased by Lucifer the cat.

Popular posts from this blog

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 3

Ok, so who will be the first to respond today Vanessa or Toby? The competition is getting tough!!! Remember people I have 3 DVD's to give away daily. So make sure to play!! If you are just chiming in, you can find the answers in previous blogs or trust what the previous people have posted is correct and steal their answers. 1. What color was the robe the hub and I wore at Red Rock? 2. What item in my Red Rock Hotel room did I like the most? 3. What is the full name of the friend whose house we stayed at in Vegas? 4. Which cartoon character did I think the printer guy in Austria looked like? 5. Which Red Light District themed "lady" was my favorite?

Behind Door Number One

Have you ever watched those TV Game shows where they have a couple of doors and behind one is a grand prize? Well, this weekend the hub and I found out what was behind our Door #1. The hubby and I are starting the beginning phases of landscaping our backyard. Our first step, was to clean out the area behind our garage. When we moved in, there was about 2 feet of walking space behind our garage the rest of the area was covered in vines. Vines were growing on the roof and generally it was a mess. Not wanting the vines to take over the roof, we I started to clear out the vines last fall. But after we cut a million vines with only a pair of clippers we gave up and decided to clean out the rest in the spring. Spring came around and we didn't do much until one day when I was sick a few weeks ago, I ran into our gardener. I showed him the mess and asked if he knew of anyone who could come clean it out. I could tell he was actually, quite happy for me to broach the subject of

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 2

Five more questions. The first three to respond with correct answers by Midnight tonight wins a DVD from the ones I have. 1. What drink did I try to order in an Austrian Restaurant but was served sludge instead (two answers I will accept)? 2. What is the name of the hotel I stayed at in Amsterdam? 3. Who was the last person Brokencnady wished happy birthday to and who is that person in relation to lollipop? 4. What was the purpose of lollipop visiting Austria? 5. During my trip to Amsterdam for the trade show I saw a movie I later took my Husband to see the week after I returned which movie is it? GOOD LUCK!