Skip to main content

All Done!

Our kitchen remodel is officially all done. We started on January 28th and ended on MArch 10th. Not bad at all. Today they came to install under the cabinet lights and to fix up a few little items. I thought it was just going to be some lights but they gave us a remote. With the remote we can control the various colors from red to green to blue to regular light. It was a free gift from the contractor. I am not sure we needed all the colors but it sure does entertain baby girl, so that is cool. We wrote our last check and our contract is marked paid in full. Hubby and I only worked a billion hours for this but it sure does feel good. Its been an absolute pleasure cooking and baking in the new space. Having space and nice appliances really does make a difference. The contractor asked me to make a video so basically he filmed me in the new kitchen as I told the story of the remodel. He wanted to play it back for me but I was like, never show me that video ever. I hate myself on video! He turned our key back over and it feels oh so nice to have our house back to ourselves. Before he left I did get a quote to fix up the front porch and door and to also paint and re-floor our bonus room. I think we will have to wait a bit. For now its just so nice to have our house to ourselves. But one day, we want to tackle those projects too. Hubbers also wants to landscape our front yard this summer. Always so much more to do on a house. Its like they say, "it's never done."

Popular posts from this blog

Behind Door Number One

Have you ever watched those TV Game shows where they have a couple of doors and behind one is a grand prize? Well, this weekend the hub and I found out what was behind our Door #1. The hubby and I are starting the beginning phases of landscaping our backyard. Our first step, was to clean out the area behind our garage. When we moved in, there was about 2 feet of walking space behind our garage the rest of the area was covered in vines. Vines were growing on the roof and generally it was a mess. Not wanting the vines to take over the roof, we I started to clear out the vines last fall. But after we cut a million vines with only a pair of clippers we gave up and decided to clean out the rest in the spring. Spring came around and we didn't do much until one day when I was sick a few weeks ago, I ran into our gardener. I showed him the mess and asked if he knew of anyone who could come clean it out. I could tell he was actually, quite happy for me to broach the subject of ...

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 2

Five more questions. The first three to respond with correct answers by Midnight tonight wins a DVD from the ones I have. 1. What drink did I try to order in an Austrian Restaurant but was served sludge instead (two answers I will accept)? 2. What is the name of the hotel I stayed at in Amsterdam? 3. Who was the last person Brokencnady wished happy birthday to and who is that person in relation to lollipop? 4. What was the purpose of lollipop visiting Austria? 5. During my trip to Amsterdam for the trade show I saw a movie I later took my Husband to see the week after I returned which movie is it? GOOD LUCK!

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 3

Ok, so who will be the first to respond today Vanessa or Toby? The competition is getting tough!!! Remember people I have 3 DVD's to give away daily. So make sure to play!! If you are just chiming in, you can find the answers in previous blogs or trust what the previous people have posted is correct and steal their answers. 1. What color was the robe the hub and I wore at Red Rock? 2. What item in my Red Rock Hotel room did I like the most? 3. What is the full name of the friend whose house we stayed at in Vegas? 4. Which cartoon character did I think the printer guy in Austria looked like? 5. Which Red Light District themed "lady" was my favorite?