Skip to main content

Penny is Officially a Puff

This past Sunday, Penny was inducted into the Power Puff Girls, a club that I have been a part of for almost 12 years now. Back in 2001, I found myself switching careers. I went from working in exhibition to working for movie studios. My first studio gig not only introduced me to marketing, which I now call my career but it introduced me to several good friends.

Two days before Christmas, in 2003 we were all given the news that we no longer had jobs. I found myself signing termination papers with a 104 temperature. Merry Christmas to me!

Well, 5 of us girls decided to stay in touch and for the past 10 years we have been having dinners all over town. I have watched these 4 ladies get promoted, switch studios again and again and of course, have been there when they got married, adopted a dog or needed a shoulder to cry on.

I was the first of the group (Susan, Katrina, Daos and Jen) to have a baby. Last fall one of the girls, Susan, moved out of state as her hubby is a pilot so we thought we had had our last dinner together. Well, as luck would have it, Susan was in town this past weekend and us busy LA girls were all free. So we met up at Buchon, in Beverly Hills and the girls (we dubbed ourselves The Power Puff Girls) were introduced to Penny. Now seeing as they don't have children, some of the girls were a little leery to meet her. However, my little lady was so very good that all 4 girls agreed she was the newest member of the club.

As I was heading to brunch I had a feeling that some big news would be revealed and I was right. Katrina stood up and showed us a big bump on her tummy. Looks like Penny won't be the newest member of the Puffs for long! Katrina revealed she is due Dec 23rd which is one day after Penny'a due date. I am so very happy for my friend as I know she had been trying for a baby. Perhaps now, our club's name will have to be changed to The Power Baby Club or the Power Mommie's Club! We told Susan she will be next!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Behind Door Number One

Have you ever watched those TV Game shows where they have a couple of doors and behind one is a grand prize? Well, this weekend the hub and I found out what was behind our Door #1. The hubby and I are starting the beginning phases of landscaping our backyard. Our first step, was to clean out the area behind our garage. When we moved in, there was about 2 feet of walking space behind our garage the rest of the area was covered in vines. Vines were growing on the roof and generally it was a mess. Not wanting the vines to take over the roof, we I started to clear out the vines last fall. But after we cut a million vines with only a pair of clippers we gave up and decided to clean out the rest in the spring. Spring came around and we didn't do much until one day when I was sick a few weeks ago, I ran into our gardener. I showed him the mess and asked if he knew of anyone who could come clean it out. I could tell he was actually, quite happy for me to broach the subject of ...

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 2

Five more questions. The first three to respond with correct answers by Midnight tonight wins a DVD from the ones I have. 1. What drink did I try to order in an Austrian Restaurant but was served sludge instead (two answers I will accept)? 2. What is the name of the hotel I stayed at in Amsterdam? 3. Who was the last person Brokencnady wished happy birthday to and who is that person in relation to lollipop? 4. What was the purpose of lollipop visiting Austria? 5. During my trip to Amsterdam for the trade show I saw a movie I later took my Husband to see the week after I returned which movie is it? GOOD LUCK!

What is Twilight?

I have loved movies and worked in movies and I consider myself knowledgable about movies but I have no idea what this whole Twilight craze is all about. Do you? I know it's something to do about vampires and that it's the new Harry Potter but what the heck is it? All of the sudden everywhere I go I hear about Twilight. They are interviewing talent on the radio and I have no idea who these stars are. It's like Hollywood grew a new list of talent over night and didn't tell me. Anyhoo, that movie opened last night to gang buster numbers but yet, I have no idea. I have no idea about the Jonas Brothers either. Am I getting old? I guess so.