Skip to main content

Laguna Beach Birthdays


This was a pretty quite weekend for hubby and I. Spent most of Saturday working on small house projects in anticipation of baby B's arrival and getting sucked into two movies (Fried Green Tomatos and Overboard) on TV. On the project front, we basically have to take all the crap out of the office and find a new home for it amongst our house. All those picture frames that were in the office are now down and finding new homes elsewhere or being put away.

We broke free (hubby likes to joke I only let him leave the house once a day on the weekends - which is kinda true but it's not like I purposely plan it that way) later in the afternoon with a quick to trip to get some birthday Cold Stone ice cream (peanut butter perfection) and run some errands.

The only big thing we did while we were out was pick up our free baby gift bag at Target after managing to fill up a Baby Registry at Target. Thanks to my brother, who gave me a list of medicines and ointments one needs for a baby. I must say, I felt kind of weird registering for a product called a "breast pump" but alas, those things are so darn expensive other mommas say to put them on a registry so you can get a discount. The mommas' on the forum also say put everything you can think of needing on a registry because after the shower the store gives the parents a big discount to buy the remaining items. No worries there ladies, I found enough onesies, diaper rash ointments and baby powder to make the list nice and long.

On Sunday, I received the disturbng news that my grandmother had a major heartattack and was in the hospital. 100% of one side of her heart is clogged and 90% of her other side is clogged. Doctors said my grandma could have an operation but since she is 90 she is opting not to have it as they can't guarantee she will make it out of surgery. The news really broke my heart as my Grandma K is so sweet. I was immediately concerned about her health. Um how long can one live with a clogged artery on one side and a 90% clogged artery on the other? But then how can a person in their 90's recover from a major heart surgery. Getting old is so unfair sometimes.

Later Sunday afternoon, hubby and I drove down to Laguna Beach with our pal Jefe, whom I hadn't seen in a very long time, to visit my old Burbank roomie, Rebekah, her husband Moustapha and their family who are in town from Texas on a weeklong beach vacation. Sometimes I can't believe how quickly time flies as it feels just like yesterday that Rebe, Jefe and I were hanging out in the slums of Burbank.

Rebe and I pretty much share a birthday. Only two days apart (her's July 30 and mine August 2) we used to have some pretty long birthday celebrations back in the day. So it was really nice to celebrate my birthday once again with my co-birthday partner, Rebe, over some red velvet cake.
Insert a beautiful sunset in front of the ocean, a nice cool breeze, and great catch-up conversation and that was the setting for our get together.

Rebe and her family are doing well. Her hubby was in town prior to her and the kids arriving, to take the California Bar exam. Yep, you guessed it he is a lawyer. I am hoping by him taking the exam in California it means that one day my dear friend will return to Cali.
If that comes true, Jefe was insistant that she never move to the OC (nor Valencia, that's where Moustapha's sister lives) because it's just too far away from LA. I have to disagree with the OC statement because Laguna Beach isn't a bad place to visit. Not too hot, cool breeze and beautiful views of the ocean, what's to hate Jefe?

Rebe's kids are growing, growing, growing! It's hard to believe that I knew her before the kiddies. I knew her as single Rebe and now she is El Momma complete with four children. Prior to arriving I quized Jeff on their names. He got 3 out of 4 correct.

For review, the El's, as Momma Rebe has named them are comprised of the following: The oldest is Bakri, aka "Cool Cat" aka "Guacamolar" who is six years old. Jefe and I gave him the new nickname, "Guacamolar" after watching him devour a tub of quacamole. It was perhaps, the most entertaining guacamole encounter I have ever witnessed in my life! hehehe

Then there is Maddux, a little blonde hair boy who is 4 1/2 who likes his legos and 10 pieces of peanut butter and jelly sammies. Then there is 2 1/2 Trinity, who I must say was so adorable in her little blue and white dress with red bows and great big smile. I think she took a liking to hubby. I don't blame her, he is quite handsome.

Finally, there is baby Leeland who at one year of age should be the next in line to be the eTrade baby per Jefe and hubby. I do have to say Leeland has that certain something about him. I can't quite put my finger
on it but I feel like I have seen him before. Leeland is quite a good,mellow baby. I hope I get one like him. hehehehe! Leeland took a liking to Jefe. Seems Jefe has finaly found an audience that responds to his jokes. hahaha

Anyhow, a good time was had by all, it was just too darn bad we weren't staying in the beach house with them!! One day when I need to get away I will have to remember Laguna Beach.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 3

Ok, so who will be the first to respond today Vanessa or Toby? The competition is getting tough!!! Remember people I have 3 DVD's to give away daily. So make sure to play!! If you are just chiming in, you can find the answers in previous blogs or trust what the previous people have posted is correct and steal their answers. 1. What color was the robe the hub and I wore at Red Rock? 2. What item in my Red Rock Hotel room did I like the most? 3. What is the full name of the friend whose house we stayed at in Vegas? 4. Which cartoon character did I think the printer guy in Austria looked like? 5. Which Red Light District themed "lady" was my favorite?

Behind Door Number One

Have you ever watched those TV Game shows where they have a couple of doors and behind one is a grand prize? Well, this weekend the hub and I found out what was behind our Door #1. The hubby and I are starting the beginning phases of landscaping our backyard. Our first step, was to clean out the area behind our garage. When we moved in, there was about 2 feet of walking space behind our garage the rest of the area was covered in vines. Vines were growing on the roof and generally it was a mess. Not wanting the vines to take over the roof, we I started to clear out the vines last fall. But after we cut a million vines with only a pair of clippers we gave up and decided to clean out the rest in the spring. Spring came around and we didn't do much until one day when I was sick a few weeks ago, I ran into our gardener. I showed him the mess and asked if he knew of anyone who could come clean it out. I could tell he was actually, quite happy for me to broach the subject of

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 2

Five more questions. The first three to respond with correct answers by Midnight tonight wins a DVD from the ones I have. 1. What drink did I try to order in an Austrian Restaurant but was served sludge instead (two answers I will accept)? 2. What is the name of the hotel I stayed at in Amsterdam? 3. Who was the last person Brokencnady wished happy birthday to and who is that person in relation to lollipop? 4. What was the purpose of lollipop visiting Austria? 5. During my trip to Amsterdam for the trade show I saw a movie I later took my Husband to see the week after I returned which movie is it? GOOD LUCK!