Skip to main content

TailSpin

Disney announced that they were making Vinylmations of Afternoon Classics such as Tail Spin, Duck Tales, Rescue Rangers, etc. Instead of coming in a set of 12, Disney is selling them in sets of 2 with limited editions of 1000 each. Well, we heard that Tail Spin was going to be released online on March 2 so we stayed up until 12:30am on he evening of March 1st, as that is the time Disney updates the stock at Disneystore.com, hoping to get a set. Apparently people all over the US were waiting according to the forums on vinylmation.net which hubby is a member of. I am just glad I wasn't the guy in Florida waiting at 3:30am!! Anyhow, for some reason the site never listed the product and people were pissed.

The next day we all found out that Disney had originally advertised them at $24.95 a set and wanted to get an extra $2 bucks out of the deal and spent all night updating the internet. The new price when they finally listed the product at around 11am Pacific time on March 2 was $26.95. That is kinda steep considering two cost $20 but whatever, the word limited edition apparently means they can squeeze more money out of collectors. Anyhow, hubby happened to be online checking because at that point no one knew if they would be released at all. Typically when they announce something it releases at 12:30AM Pacific time but it hadn't happened. People wondered if it would be released on March 5th as they had originally advertised.

Hubby quickly bought us one and in a matter of an hour they were all 1000 were gone. Thank goodness he checked cuz I was in meetings all morning. We were glad to get our set but later couldn't help but wonder why we didn't by two. If they are hard to get we could have traded one set for another hard to find set, like the Trade City Bird and Tree set we want. Oh well, we know for next time!!!

Anyway, we are expecting to get the set next week!! Can't wait!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Behind Door Number One

Have you ever watched those TV Game shows where they have a couple of doors and behind one is a grand prize? Well, this weekend the hub and I found out what was behind our Door #1. The hubby and I are starting the beginning phases of landscaping our backyard. Our first step, was to clean out the area behind our garage. When we moved in, there was about 2 feet of walking space behind our garage the rest of the area was covered in vines. Vines were growing on the roof and generally it was a mess. Not wanting the vines to take over the roof, we I started to clear out the vines last fall. But after we cut a million vines with only a pair of clippers we gave up and decided to clean out the rest in the spring. Spring came around and we didn't do much until one day when I was sick a few weeks ago, I ran into our gardener. I showed him the mess and asked if he knew of anyone who could come clean it out. I could tell he was actually, quite happy for me to broach the subject of ...

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 2

Five more questions. The first three to respond with correct answers by Midnight tonight wins a DVD from the ones I have. 1. What drink did I try to order in an Austrian Restaurant but was served sludge instead (two answers I will accept)? 2. What is the name of the hotel I stayed at in Amsterdam? 3. Who was the last person Brokencnady wished happy birthday to and who is that person in relation to lollipop? 4. What was the purpose of lollipop visiting Austria? 5. During my trip to Amsterdam for the trade show I saw a movie I later took my Husband to see the week after I returned which movie is it? GOOD LUCK!

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 3

Ok, so who will be the first to respond today Vanessa or Toby? The competition is getting tough!!! Remember people I have 3 DVD's to give away daily. So make sure to play!! If you are just chiming in, you can find the answers in previous blogs or trust what the previous people have posted is correct and steal their answers. 1. What color was the robe the hub and I wore at Red Rock? 2. What item in my Red Rock Hotel room did I like the most? 3. What is the full name of the friend whose house we stayed at in Vegas? 4. Which cartoon character did I think the printer guy in Austria looked like? 5. Which Red Light District themed "lady" was my favorite?