Skip to main content

The Hollywood Bowl



No summer is complete without a trip to The Hollywood Bowl! And so to fulfill that summer requirement the hub and I took in the John Williams show this past weekend. John Williams if you don't know is a famous movie composer mostly known for his work on the Star Wars films, Indiana Jones films, E.T. and Jaws. Actually those are just a few of his more famous works but really the guy's name can be found in the credits of movie in a ton of movies. John William plays at the Bowl annually but I have never gotten to see him before. I always seem to miss it or let's face it, be lazy about buying tickets in advance. And you have to buy them in advance because his concerts always sell out. This year for my 35th birthday, my 34th surprise was tickets to John Williams at the Bowl.

If you haven't been to the Bowl the one thing you should know is that it is synonymous with food or rather, picnicking. We all know my mind has been centered around food lately, so of course, I was excited about the food portion as well as, the concert. There are 3 ways to eat at the Bowl. You can buy concessions, buy the box seats and have waiters serve you, or you can pack your own picnic. We always do the later. Being that I have a chef for a hubby, a picnic was a no brainer. So we packed up some fruit, some yummy home made sandwiches, using the finest ingredients and packed a Ziplock bag of dark chocolate almonds. Oh yeah, don't forget the sparkling lemonade and French beer (the kind we found in France and which we found to be distributed in a local wine shop near us - Yeah!).

The eats were of course were fabulous and so were our seats! I have always sat in the cheaper seats in the back but tonight we sat up close and boy is it a whole other experience! I was really glad to have good seats for this show because all of the music was so wonderful. The first part of the show John and the orchestra played music from famous movies from the 60's, 70's and 80's that were not his and then the second part of the show he played all of his famous work. The crowd went crazy when he played Star Wars and a million people pulled out light sabers. It was pretty cool. I forget he did the Jaws music. That segment was pretty cool. They projected a famous scene from Jaws while the orchestra played the music to the movie. For a moment I forget I was listening to an orchestra and not the soundtrack of the movie!

I have to say, that this was the best concert yet at the Hollywood Bowl! It was really enjoyable from start to finish.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 3

Ok, so who will be the first to respond today Vanessa or Toby? The competition is getting tough!!! Remember people I have 3 DVD's to give away daily. So make sure to play!! If you are just chiming in, you can find the answers in previous blogs or trust what the previous people have posted is correct and steal their answers. 1. What color was the robe the hub and I wore at Red Rock? 2. What item in my Red Rock Hotel room did I like the most? 3. What is the full name of the friend whose house we stayed at in Vegas? 4. Which cartoon character did I think the printer guy in Austria looked like? 5. Which Red Light District themed "lady" was my favorite?

Behind Door Number One

Have you ever watched those TV Game shows where they have a couple of doors and behind one is a grand prize? Well, this weekend the hub and I found out what was behind our Door #1. The hubby and I are starting the beginning phases of landscaping our backyard. Our first step, was to clean out the area behind our garage. When we moved in, there was about 2 feet of walking space behind our garage the rest of the area was covered in vines. Vines were growing on the roof and generally it was a mess. Not wanting the vines to take over the roof, we I started to clear out the vines last fall. But after we cut a million vines with only a pair of clippers we gave up and decided to clean out the rest in the spring. Spring came around and we didn't do much until one day when I was sick a few weeks ago, I ran into our gardener. I showed him the mess and asked if he knew of anyone who could come clean it out. I could tell he was actually, quite happy for me to broach the subject of

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 2

Five more questions. The first three to respond with correct answers by Midnight tonight wins a DVD from the ones I have. 1. What drink did I try to order in an Austrian Restaurant but was served sludge instead (two answers I will accept)? 2. What is the name of the hotel I stayed at in Amsterdam? 3. Who was the last person Brokencnady wished happy birthday to and who is that person in relation to lollipop? 4. What was the purpose of lollipop visiting Austria? 5. During my trip to Amsterdam for the trade show I saw a movie I later took my Husband to see the week after I returned which movie is it? GOOD LUCK!