Skip to main content

What R U Buying at Costco?

Like a lot of people in Southern California, the hub and I frequent Costco several times a year. I remember moving here and Jeff Daly asking me if I had my Costco Card. Why? I said. I live alone. Why do I have to buy in bulk? Well, I might not have had the need to buy in bulk before but I sure do now that I have a house and a dog who requires lots of chicken treats. The hub and I try and keep the visit to once a month because frankly who can visit that place not spend at least a Benjamin? It's a very rare trip where we spend less than $100 dollars. I did hear on FaceBook that Jerome and Ryan were able to go the other day and only spend $14. But surely, that must have been some kind of freak of nature visit or the place was too crowded to go into any isles because getting out of Costco for $14 buckaroos is a rarity. I love going to see what is new. I will walk up and down almost all isles to find the unique new thing that I need. Okay, not need, mostly want. This trip was awesome. I found an outdoor table and a hammock I wanted badly. Too bad we only had the Insight with us that day or surely we'd be down 10 Benjamin's. Instead of a table and hammock we settled on the less expensive side and bought a solar light post lantern for $29 bucks. A cool deal for a nice looking light we thought. So into the cart the lantern went. We experienced that euphoria a few other times and found ourselves with two new brown couch pilows for $14 bucks, a new front door rug and a bottle of 365 allergy tablets. Let's jsut hope the Kirkland brand of allergy medicine is exactly the same as Zyrtec for extremely less. I read the ingredients and the Zyrtec bottle of 100 tablets and the Kirkland Brand had the same active ingredients. The only difference seemed to be that one bottle had 365 pills and the other 100. The cheap, Reasner in me went for the lesser brand. But only because it appeared to be the same thing. The Buller, as in my husband told me to buy what I knew to work. I went for cheap,I guess we will see.

Of course there is the old standby shopping list that includes: shampoo, scrubby spunges, bread, the obligatory toilet paper bundle for $15, avacadoes (cuz the ones at Fresh n Easy are small), garlic (cuz, we finally used the last one in the huge bag Toby brought us), lunch meat, crossaints, the big yummy muffins, water filters, laundry detergent, dishwasher soap, a pack of 4 stuffed animals for Moses (cuz he can never have enough stuffed animals with squeakers), Wagon Train Chicken treats, a bucket of salsd (in our quest to be healthy), batteries, ziplock bags, stamps, and movie tickets.

PS we also stopped at the food stand for a slice of pizza (cuz you have to really), a soda and a smoothie.

So what sets you back some Benjamin's when you go to Costco? I want to know.

Comments

I love it that Uncle Doug flew around the US using his Costco card!

Popular posts from this blog

Behind Door Number One

Have you ever watched those TV Game shows where they have a couple of doors and behind one is a grand prize? Well, this weekend the hub and I found out what was behind our Door #1. The hubby and I are starting the beginning phases of landscaping our backyard. Our first step, was to clean out the area behind our garage. When we moved in, there was about 2 feet of walking space behind our garage the rest of the area was covered in vines. Vines were growing on the roof and generally it was a mess. Not wanting the vines to take over the roof, we I started to clear out the vines last fall. But after we cut a million vines with only a pair of clippers we gave up and decided to clean out the rest in the spring. Spring came around and we didn't do much until one day when I was sick a few weeks ago, I ran into our gardener. I showed him the mess and asked if he knew of anyone who could come clean it out. I could tell he was actually, quite happy for me to broach the subject of ...

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 2

Five more questions. The first three to respond with correct answers by Midnight tonight wins a DVD from the ones I have. 1. What drink did I try to order in an Austrian Restaurant but was served sludge instead (two answers I will accept)? 2. What is the name of the hotel I stayed at in Amsterdam? 3. Who was the last person Brokencnady wished happy birthday to and who is that person in relation to lollipop? 4. What was the purpose of lollipop visiting Austria? 5. During my trip to Amsterdam for the trade show I saw a movie I later took my Husband to see the week after I returned which movie is it? GOOD LUCK!

What is Twilight?

I have loved movies and worked in movies and I consider myself knowledgable about movies but I have no idea what this whole Twilight craze is all about. Do you? I know it's something to do about vampires and that it's the new Harry Potter but what the heck is it? All of the sudden everywhere I go I hear about Twilight. They are interviewing talent on the radio and I have no idea who these stars are. It's like Hollywood grew a new list of talent over night and didn't tell me. Anyhoo, that movie opened last night to gang buster numbers but yet, I have no idea. I have no idea about the Jonas Brothers either. Am I getting old? I guess so.