Skip to main content

Great Balls of Sushi!

Tonight was the perfect ending to a holiday weekend that I spent working. Don't get me wrong, I had a nice Thanksgiving but it totally sucks when work gets in the way. Apparently high profile movies don't take a break for the holidays! Anyway, bitterness aside, I took the last few hours of this Sunday to myself and me alone. I popped in Sex in the City, the movie, courtesy of the $3.99 bin at Target on Black Friday and revelled in my girl time. Of course, when I watched the Valentine's Day scene with Samantha, naked, covered in sushi, it made me totally crave sushi. Normally I save my cravings for the weekdays with co-workers because the hubby hates fish. But in my quest to do what I want, I told hubby I needed to have sushi. I just needed it and he would have to bear with me and eat his chicken terriyaki. My hubby is much better at not complaining than I will ever be so he said "sure why not." And to inform you of just how good of a husband he is, he even went online to Yelp to find the best sushi place in Glendale. Well, the best place turned out to be Kai Sushi. We walked in about 7:45 pm and there was only two other tables filled. We sit down and they immediately brought us complimentary miso soup and a spicy sushi salad (which the hubby surprisingly liked!) I notice the hubby scanning the rather large menu. I didn't see a lot of non-fish choices and felt immediately bad my self indulgence was forcing my hubby to choose amongst limited food options. But not that bad as it took a lot of scribbling on the sushi menu before I narrowed my choices from 5 different things down to 3. In fact I made such a mess of the menu that our waiter taped my menu to the restaurant wall and wrote my name on it. He wanted everyone to see what a messy order er I was. The hubby surprised me by ordering a sushi roll and not the famous chicken terriyaki dish. Leave it to my hubby to find a better option than the one option most non-fish eaters have at a sushi joint. While I ordered some white tuna, yellow tail and spicy tuna rolls my dear beloved hubby ordered a BBQ beef roll. Of course, the guy thought we were sharing so out comes my fishy rolls first. I am gorging on my food and hubby is just sitting there. Good thing he had some good Japanese beer! Finally, his rolls come out and we were both surprised to find a couple of rolls with pieces of BBQ steak on top. It looked delicious! I grabbed a bite and it was very tasty. The hubby was quite pleased with his meal, even mentioning that this was his best sushi dining experience yet! The chefs even sent over another complimentary plate of spicy tuna. (I guess it pays to have sushi on a Sunday night when the sushi chefs are bored!!) I was very happy as it looked like I might be able to take hubby back to this restaurant for some more meat rolls. Just when I gorged myself to the point of gluttony out comes this amazing dessert to the table next to ours. So of course we had to get it. What was it you ask? A huge ball of fried ice cream. Below are our before and after pictures.

THE BEFORE

THE AFTER

Lollipop's Sushi List taped to the Wall

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Behind Door Number One

Have you ever watched those TV Game shows where they have a couple of doors and behind one is a grand prize? Well, this weekend the hub and I found out what was behind our Door #1. The hubby and I are starting the beginning phases of landscaping our backyard. Our first step, was to clean out the area behind our garage. When we moved in, there was about 2 feet of walking space behind our garage the rest of the area was covered in vines. Vines were growing on the roof and generally it was a mess. Not wanting the vines to take over the roof, we I started to clear out the vines last fall. But after we cut a million vines with only a pair of clippers we gave up and decided to clean out the rest in the spring. Spring came around and we didn't do much until one day when I was sick a few weeks ago, I ran into our gardener. I showed him the mess and asked if he knew of anyone who could come clean it out. I could tell he was actually, quite happy for me to broach the subject of ...

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 2

Five more questions. The first three to respond with correct answers by Midnight tonight wins a DVD from the ones I have. 1. What drink did I try to order in an Austrian Restaurant but was served sludge instead (two answers I will accept)? 2. What is the name of the hotel I stayed at in Amsterdam? 3. Who was the last person Brokencnady wished happy birthday to and who is that person in relation to lollipop? 4. What was the purpose of lollipop visiting Austria? 5. During my trip to Amsterdam for the trade show I saw a movie I later took my Husband to see the week after I returned which movie is it? GOOD LUCK!

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 3

Ok, so who will be the first to respond today Vanessa or Toby? The competition is getting tough!!! Remember people I have 3 DVD's to give away daily. So make sure to play!! If you are just chiming in, you can find the answers in previous blogs or trust what the previous people have posted is correct and steal their answers. 1. What color was the robe the hub and I wore at Red Rock? 2. What item in my Red Rock Hotel room did I like the most? 3. What is the full name of the friend whose house we stayed at in Vegas? 4. Which cartoon character did I think the printer guy in Austria looked like? 5. Which Red Light District themed "lady" was my favorite?