Skip to main content

My 34th Birthday

My hubby is amazing with the surprises, so much so, that people now email me, Face Book me, ask me or phone me to ask what the hubby has done for a certain occasion (anniversary, birthday, Christmas, etc). Here is one Face Book comment that I thought was hilarious: "Have a fun birthday weekend, I imagine your hubby has some cool things lined up, like a Unicorn petting zoo that allows only one person every 3000 years to go to, and being your hubby he got the tickets."

So....what did he do this year?....Well, he took a break...which isn't to say he forgot or anything but rather, I kinda took charge of my birthday celebration this year because, well, I had a hankering to go to Disneyland and I had a hook-up for Club 33 which is a secret club inside of Disneyland. I have been lucky to go to Club 33 several times now and one thing that can always be guaranteed is that the food will be excellent. I didn't want to make a big deal of my birthday but rather, I wanted to spend the day at a fun place with people who had never been before and with one who is a huge Disney freak. So I invited my friends: Caroline (aka the Big Disney Freak), Minh, Miguel, Ivette, Jeff and Lisa to come with me.

My birthday celebration actually started on Friday night. I found out that my neighbors, Pepe and Verdrie also had birthdays in August and we are always saying (via fence conversations) that we need to get together, so taking the bull by the horns I set the date for us to get together Friday night. The idea was to celebrate our birthdays. So, they invited a few friends and I invited a few friends and together we had a little party of 10 over to our house for margaritas and cake. Since the hubby and I like to cook we each made a birthday cake. The hub made a Strawberry Tall Cake and I made a Fudge Butter Cake, both from scratch. It was another fun gathering of friends over to our house. I must say our backyard is really paying off this summer when it comes to entertaining and to think, it,s not done yet! We sat around our table later moving the party to margaritas around the fire pit. No smores this time around cuz we had plenty of cake! Moses made out the best of the evening as everyone saw his cute brown eyes and sneaked him way more treats than he should of had. He wanted cake so bad and earlier in the evening he almost devoured the hub's strawberry cake when he jumped up on his hind legs and placed his two paws on the kitchen counter. He stuck his head over the counter a little bit and got a nice bite of cake! Luckily, his head can only reach so far. He managed to get a bite of cake in the minute I turned my head. I can only imagine what would have happened if I hadn't run out into the kitchen in time. Sometimes its hard to get mad at that bundle of cuteness.



Saturday morning I continued my celebration of turning 34 by going to a new spa (new for me). I had gotten a gift certificate to the Pasadena Huntington Hotel Spa, a fancy smancy place as far as fancy smancy goes. I read the website and it said the spa had been ranked as one of the top 10 in the US. Suffice to say, I was excited. While I had a really good 80 minute message, I must say that I can't in my opinion rank the Huntington Hotel Spa as top 10. Sure its fancy smancy but it really didn't have that great amenities and for a spa to be great to me it not only has to have a great atmosphere and great services but also great amenities. Its all about the cucumbers, the little bottles of stuff, the snacks and the rubber bands. The whole visit got me thinking about all my various spa experiences and I mentally put together a top list of my favorite places. With Fiji's Namale Spa, Las Vegas's Luxor, Montage Spa in Laguna and Burke's in Pasadena being a few of the best in my opinion. After the spa it was back home to some relaxation and snuggling with dog. While the hub worked that day, I watched "Gone With the Wind" yes, the whole 5 hours and reveled in Clark Gable's sexiness.

Then on Sunday, the actual day of my birth, it was all about a relaxing day at Disneyland. My goal was to ride some rides, have a great lunch and eat my favorite treats. Mission was accomplished. There was no schedule other than lunch time reservations at Club 33. I found it only fitting that I celebrate the end of my 33rd year of birth by celebrating at Club 33. For more on our experience read my friend Jeff's review of the experience below. I am not sure about you but I think he liked it. Two new experiences for me at Club 33 were character visits by Mickey and Pluto and a free round of champaign for our table. Both experiences along with a hostess who knew a lot of history about the club made lunch really memorable. The food is always delicious and was once again amazing. Frankly for me, I live for their chateubriand. It's one of the best tasting things on earth, I think. That evening I went home with two new sets of Mickey ears. A birthday set and a a Club 33 set. I think that brings my total to 6 or 7 pairs.

Happy birthday me! Another year older. Can't wait to see what 34 is like. What adventures will I have this birth year.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 3

Ok, so who will be the first to respond today Vanessa or Toby? The competition is getting tough!!! Remember people I have 3 DVD's to give away daily. So make sure to play!! If you are just chiming in, you can find the answers in previous blogs or trust what the previous people have posted is correct and steal their answers. 1. What color was the robe the hub and I wore at Red Rock? 2. What item in my Red Rock Hotel room did I like the most? 3. What is the full name of the friend whose house we stayed at in Vegas? 4. Which cartoon character did I think the printer guy in Austria looked like? 5. Which Red Light District themed "lady" was my favorite?

Behind Door Number One

Have you ever watched those TV Game shows where they have a couple of doors and behind one is a grand prize? Well, this weekend the hub and I found out what was behind our Door #1. The hubby and I are starting the beginning phases of landscaping our backyard. Our first step, was to clean out the area behind our garage. When we moved in, there was about 2 feet of walking space behind our garage the rest of the area was covered in vines. Vines were growing on the roof and generally it was a mess. Not wanting the vines to take over the roof, we I started to clear out the vines last fall. But after we cut a million vines with only a pair of clippers we gave up and decided to clean out the rest in the spring. Spring came around and we didn't do much until one day when I was sick a few weeks ago, I ran into our gardener. I showed him the mess and asked if he knew of anyone who could come clean it out. I could tell he was actually, quite happy for me to broach the subject of

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 2

Five more questions. The first three to respond with correct answers by Midnight tonight wins a DVD from the ones I have. 1. What drink did I try to order in an Austrian Restaurant but was served sludge instead (two answers I will accept)? 2. What is the name of the hotel I stayed at in Amsterdam? 3. Who was the last person Brokencnady wished happy birthday to and who is that person in relation to lollipop? 4. What was the purpose of lollipop visiting Austria? 5. During my trip to Amsterdam for the trade show I saw a movie I later took my Husband to see the week after I returned which movie is it? GOOD LUCK!