Skip to main content

The Grim Reaper Sure Has Been Busy

So can anyone else believe that Michael Jackson died? Ed McMahon was older and Farrah Facett had a terminal diesease so her passing wasn't a surprise but Michael Jackson seemed like he would go on with his veil of weirdness for a long time. I guess you really don't know when your time is up?

Where was I when I found out?...checking my Facebook status and noticing that everyone's status was saying he was dead or rushed to the hopsital. So I turned on the TV in my office and sure enough there was a story about him. I must say I felt sad. Farrah was prime in the 70's when I was just a little kid and Ed had been a star since I was born but Michael Jackson's songs spent a ton of time in my jukebox when I was growing up. Who didn't rock out to Thriller? I mean even me, who didn't have access to MTV found a way to watch his videos at friend's houses. I remember my girlfriend Nicole was in love with him. I was never was in love with him but I thought he was cool and his music was cool. I didn't understand the glove or the monkey but I still loved the music. I chalked the other weird stuff up to being a celebrity and celebrity's being able to do what they want.

It's surprising to see people's reaction to his death on Facebook. A lot of men commented that they were particulary glad he was dead because of the child molestation charges. Other people say he was a genius. It's hard to figure out what a person feels for him as you have this great musician on one side and this evil accusation on the other. All I can say is that I no longer wish to be a celebrity. Sure these people make a ton of money but the amount of crap they have to put up isn't worth the trouble. Your life is always scrutinized. I feel bad for Jon and Kate too. You watch those shows and see how they started out as average Mr. & Mrs. Joe Schmoe America and now days they are getting a divorce, possibly cheating on each other, all the while having fake tans, fancy haircuts and expensive brand named shoes. It seems to me that people who seek fame are forced to become recluses. I am sure when they started out, they just wanted a better life but now-a-days being famous seems to ruin everything in your life. Yeah, being rich and famous sure looks like fun.

I work in Hollywood and I have seen the publicity machine churn. I know that it churns rubbish and spins what people say in a manner that it wasn't intended. I am not defending MJ but when I think of all the journalists, the publicists and the paperazzi, I think perhaps he got a bad rap because he was a very shy guy who resulted in being seen as weird. The media picked up on his weirdness and spinned it until he was virtually a freak of nature. Now if he really did harmful things to children then that's another thing but knowing the publicity wheel I can' thelp feel this whole weird image was built up by this media glitz. We buy the magazines and tune in because we soak up every little shread of information so we can feel like we know these people but their shreds of info don't do much in helping us know who these people really are. Thats the sad thing. These stories are concocted about these stars but we don't really know what its like to be them or to walk a mile in their shoes. I was a little upset to see people writing he should burn in hell for his children molestation charges. He wasn't convicted and who are we to judge people? But he was tried in public becuase of all the news stories about him spending time with boys. All I am saying is that the media can be an evil thing sometimes building people up and tearing them down all for the sake of selling a story. Who knows what the truth is?

For me, it's sad to see a great musician die but it's even sadder to see this media blitz surrounding his death. The media loved to hate him and now I find it appalling that they can't get enough of him now that he is dead. MJ thank you for giving us some great music. I hope you rest in peace and are judged for who you were by the only person that should judge, and that would be GOD.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 3

Ok, so who will be the first to respond today Vanessa or Toby? The competition is getting tough!!! Remember people I have 3 DVD's to give away daily. So make sure to play!! If you are just chiming in, you can find the answers in previous blogs or trust what the previous people have posted is correct and steal their answers. 1. What color was the robe the hub and I wore at Red Rock? 2. What item in my Red Rock Hotel room did I like the most? 3. What is the full name of the friend whose house we stayed at in Vegas? 4. Which cartoon character did I think the printer guy in Austria looked like? 5. Which Red Light District themed "lady" was my favorite?

Behind Door Number One

Have you ever watched those TV Game shows where they have a couple of doors and behind one is a grand prize? Well, this weekend the hub and I found out what was behind our Door #1. The hubby and I are starting the beginning phases of landscaping our backyard. Our first step, was to clean out the area behind our garage. When we moved in, there was about 2 feet of walking space behind our garage the rest of the area was covered in vines. Vines were growing on the roof and generally it was a mess. Not wanting the vines to take over the roof, we I started to clear out the vines last fall. But after we cut a million vines with only a pair of clippers we gave up and decided to clean out the rest in the spring. Spring came around and we didn't do much until one day when I was sick a few weeks ago, I ran into our gardener. I showed him the mess and asked if he knew of anyone who could come clean it out. I could tell he was actually, quite happy for me to broach the subject of

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 2

Five more questions. The first three to respond with correct answers by Midnight tonight wins a DVD from the ones I have. 1. What drink did I try to order in an Austrian Restaurant but was served sludge instead (two answers I will accept)? 2. What is the name of the hotel I stayed at in Amsterdam? 3. Who was the last person Brokencnady wished happy birthday to and who is that person in relation to lollipop? 4. What was the purpose of lollipop visiting Austria? 5. During my trip to Amsterdam for the trade show I saw a movie I later took my Husband to see the week after I returned which movie is it? GOOD LUCK!