Skip to main content

American in Paris

So the next morning I woke up and had the day to myself. I didn't have anything planned as some of the best days in life are when I wander around and have no plan. I woke up and decided I need to buy some new shoes. My only pair of shoes which were, cloth, were soaked. And the hair blower can only do so much. So at 8:30AM I headed to a department store. Only when I got there, I found what must be shoe heaven. Never in my life have I seen such a display of amazingly awesome shoes! All so pretty and sparkley. A girl could have spent the whole day trying on Jimmy Choo's and Christian Dior's and whatever those Sex in the City girls went on and on about. Every single pair of shoes were hundreds of Euros except for this thin, stringy pair of flips flops which would have done me no good. Oh well, it didn't look like a new pair of shoes was in the cards for me that day. I decided to keep my purchases to some tea and some macaroons for the hubby.

After the department store I walked to another tea shop that had been around since 1850. Any tea shop lasting that long, I needed to see. So I went in an this lovely older gentlemen approached me. For the next hour he showed me a million teas. I smelled about 100 tease before finding one that would make a good ice tea. After I purchased my bag of tea he took me to the candy section and there were all these beautiful fruit candies. The best thing about Paris shopping is all the wonderful displays. He gave me a free piece of fruit glazed candy and this man and woman standing next to me gave me a scowl. After they made their purchase I picked out several pieces to take home to enjoy with my hubby. After leaving I had all these cute little paper bags with small purchases.

After walking two blocks I made it to a huge garden/park. I was about to enter the park when I ran into the man and woman from the tea shop. The man said to me "I didn't get a piece of free candy." I had to laugh out loud and we proceeded to have a 10 minute conversation before parting ways. I walked around the park and then I came to an outdoor coffee shop. Two men approached me and asked if they could buy "Madamosielle" a glass of coffee. The old man and woman from the tea shop happened to be right next to me and the old man said to me "you sure are working your way around Paris missy!" I laughed again and declined the nice offer to the two men. I then ran into a carousel. I would have loved to ride but it was more fun to watch all the kids ride. Afterward, I ran into a pastry cart and got a chocolate crossaint cause a girl can't eat enough of these when they are in Paris.

At the end of garden was the Louvre. I knew from my husband that it was closed on Tuesday's so I had a ton of fun watching people scream in many languages when the found out it was closed. Good thing I had already been inside. I did go inside the Louvre to go shopping in the man shops the have and I did see the space where the two triangles almost meet. Funny enough workers were cleaning windows so it was hilarious to watch this man giving his work force directions on how to clean what must of been hundreds of windows.

After the Louvre I went to Museum d' Orsay across the street. This was an Impressionist Museum that I had wanted to see during my first trip but which I didn't get to see. So I decided to go visit. the line to get in was long because everyone who didn't get into the Louvre came here. The museum was beautiful but I must say I had a more enjoyable time at the Louvre. I did like running into the Polar bear from LOST though. In the middle of all of these painting was this giant concrete polar bear. It was the oddest thing but it was cool. Of the 3 different floors, I liked the 3rd floor the best. It was where all the Monet's, Degas', Renoir's etc where on display. I got bored taking photos of painting so instead I decided to take pictures of people looking at photos. The couple above is an example. I only spent about an hour and half looking around as it was very so crowded. Beautiful archeitcture but for me the Louvre was more impressive.

Afterward I walked to this food emporium I knew I was close to and I wandered the many counters. I bought some ham, a chunk of cheese, a baguet, some chips and a bottle of sparkling water. It was a late lunch but a tasty one. El Fresco lunches are always the best. Then I was near the best department store ever, The Bon Marchee so I went inside and did a bit of browsing. Later I got on the metro and navigated myself through 3 different stations back to my hotel.

I was soooo tired and my legs hurt from walking. Not to mention my feet were all cut up from walking in wet shoes. I took of my shoes and my feet were bleeding. I hopped into the fluffy white bed and slept for two an hour and a half. I awoke with this plan to go to Champs Elyseses and see the Arc D' Trioump, get sushi at George V and do some fancy shopping. But once again it rained the minute I got off the metro.

I snapped five pictures of the arc and like many other tourists huddled under a doorway. I knew it wasn't going to stop so I tried to find the entrance to the George V. I never could find it and I was pissed because I was super hungry and was looking forward to sushi. Instead I went to a few shops before they started to close.

I went into the flagship Sephora and I found this bubble bath called "Buller A Love" and knew I must have a bottle of it. So I bought some to go with the Hermes Perfume with my first name, I found during my last trip. I was so bummed about my dinner being ruined so I went back to the hotel and chilled and ate the rest of my lunch. Apparently my translation for a little bit of cheese must have meant a big chunk so I had plenty of cheese to eat.

I awoke the next morning and since my feet were all cut up I wore the complimentary slippers home. All the people in the lobby thought I was crazy but I didn't care. This crazy American wasn't about to put my blistery feet into some cold wet shoes. I got to the airport and I was hungry. I told my hubby I wasn't going to eat at McDonald's but funny how it was there in my path at the airport. So a large Coca Cola and Egg McMuffin later I was going through customs.

I almost had an oh shit moment with the bubble bath in the Dallas Texas Airport but thank god the x-ray man thought my little bottle was perfume and not bubble bath and gave me a lecture about how next time I should take it out of my suitcase. Thank god I made it though other checkpoints without being stopped because I totally forgot about the liquid thing and wasn't about to throw my expensive bottle of bubble bath out. No siree!!!

Anyhow, I get to LA and take a shuttle home. The driver says to me after he drops off this male passenger at a hotel in downtown, "You want some purell?" What do you mean I say and the driver says to me "That man just came from Mexico City." "Great" I say, I just went to Paris and now I have been exposed to swine flu. I used that entire bottle of purell all over me and took a long shower when I got home! I only had 48 hours in Paris but it was a good 48 hours. Now I am hoping I don't the swine flu. The man didn't look sick.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 3

Ok, so who will be the first to respond today Vanessa or Toby? The competition is getting tough!!! Remember people I have 3 DVD's to give away daily. So make sure to play!! If you are just chiming in, you can find the answers in previous blogs or trust what the previous people have posted is correct and steal their answers. 1. What color was the robe the hub and I wore at Red Rock? 2. What item in my Red Rock Hotel room did I like the most? 3. What is the full name of the friend whose house we stayed at in Vegas? 4. Which cartoon character did I think the printer guy in Austria looked like? 5. Which Red Light District themed "lady" was my favorite?

Behind Door Number One

Have you ever watched those TV Game shows where they have a couple of doors and behind one is a grand prize? Well, this weekend the hub and I found out what was behind our Door #1. The hubby and I are starting the beginning phases of landscaping our backyard. Our first step, was to clean out the area behind our garage. When we moved in, there was about 2 feet of walking space behind our garage the rest of the area was covered in vines. Vines were growing on the roof and generally it was a mess. Not wanting the vines to take over the roof, we I started to clear out the vines last fall. But after we cut a million vines with only a pair of clippers we gave up and decided to clean out the rest in the spring. Spring came around and we didn't do much until one day when I was sick a few weeks ago, I ran into our gardener. I showed him the mess and asked if he knew of anyone who could come clean it out. I could tell he was actually, quite happy for me to broach the subject of

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 2

Five more questions. The first three to respond with correct answers by Midnight tonight wins a DVD from the ones I have. 1. What drink did I try to order in an Austrian Restaurant but was served sludge instead (two answers I will accept)? 2. What is the name of the hotel I stayed at in Amsterdam? 3. Who was the last person Brokencnady wished happy birthday to and who is that person in relation to lollipop? 4. What was the purpose of lollipop visiting Austria? 5. During my trip to Amsterdam for the trade show I saw a movie I later took my Husband to see the week after I returned which movie is it? GOOD LUCK!