Skip to main content

Whose That Mysterious Man?

So today I had enough of being too busy and grabbed my co-worker and made her go to lunch with me. I needed to get away from the stupid blockbuster movie that no one wants to approve a poster for. The restaurant we ended up at wasn't too busy so I was rather surprised when the waitress sat us at this little table for two that was practically an extension of the table where the only other two people in the room were sitting at. It kinda seemed like the two men who were sitting at the had asked the waitress to seat some girls next to them. Our table was so close to these guys that I knew they were going to try and talk to us and I hate talking to strangers. Now the minute we walked in I could have sworn I have seen the older guy before. I was trying to figure out if he was famous or jsut someone I have seen at the restaurant before. He had that cheesy, dirty old hollywood producer thing going for him. He is the type of guy every person would notice. He had that "look at me" ora about him. The most distinguishing thing about this fellow was his crazy black mustache which had that recently dyed looked to it. It took him all of about 5 minutes before he interrupted our conversation and asked my friend what nationality she was. We had to talk to him because he was so close. After finding out my friend was Taiwanese he insisted we have a glass of wine with our meal. Normally, I refuse to drink at lunch but today I was stressed so my co-worker and I looked at each other and said what the hell and looked at the wine list. I don't think either of us had any friggin clue about wine so we looked for the word "fruity" and ordered two glasses. I am pretty sure we ended up with some expensive version of Franza. Anyhow, it tasted pretty good. The guy explained that the young man next to him was his student. Then he basically alluded that he was well known. Now I am not hip to famous teachers so this student thing really had me guessing. We asked him some questions and as he spoke I couldn't help but look at the gold ring with a gigantic ruby, on his middle finger. Maybe he was a prince and this was the ring people bowed downed and kissed? Then I thought perhaps he was the owner of the restaurant with the way he wanted to buy us more food and dessert. When he pointed to his picture on the wall I thought for sure he was the owner or we were in hollywood so perhaps he was a movie producer or something. But then why would an owner of a restaurant eat lunch with a kid who called him his teacher. Hummmm kinky?! We couldn't really see the picture with him in it but he told us it was there. We asked him several questions as to his identity but he said he wanted to keep it a mystery. The only thing we really found out was that he was from Iran. The whole time I am looking at him I could help but think that he reminded me of someone who would guest star on the television show Bewitched. He could have easily been one of Samantha's weird relatives who popped in and out of her life. He never told us exactly who he was. Even though he looked cheeseball, he was a nice enough man who only wanted to get a little bit of attention or acknowledgement that he was a big man. He finished up his meal, we said our goodbyes and then he and the student left. The minute they got out the door we bursted into laughter. The whole encounter was surreal. We finished our meal and checked out his picture on the wall to see if it held the identity of this mystery man. But all it said was he was an Ambassador. To what, it wasn't clear. Our waitress said the man came in all the time. We tried to ask her more but she didn't exactly speak English very well. I guess we will never really know who that guy is. But I know I know him from somewhere? Just where?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 3

Ok, so who will be the first to respond today Vanessa or Toby? The competition is getting tough!!! Remember people I have 3 DVD's to give away daily. So make sure to play!! If you are just chiming in, you can find the answers in previous blogs or trust what the previous people have posted is correct and steal their answers. 1. What color was the robe the hub and I wore at Red Rock? 2. What item in my Red Rock Hotel room did I like the most? 3. What is the full name of the friend whose house we stayed at in Vegas? 4. Which cartoon character did I think the printer guy in Austria looked like? 5. Which Red Light District themed "lady" was my favorite?

Behind Door Number One

Have you ever watched those TV Game shows where they have a couple of doors and behind one is a grand prize? Well, this weekend the hub and I found out what was behind our Door #1. The hubby and I are starting the beginning phases of landscaping our backyard. Our first step, was to clean out the area behind our garage. When we moved in, there was about 2 feet of walking space behind our garage the rest of the area was covered in vines. Vines were growing on the roof and generally it was a mess. Not wanting the vines to take over the roof, we I started to clear out the vines last fall. But after we cut a million vines with only a pair of clippers we gave up and decided to clean out the rest in the spring. Spring came around and we didn't do much until one day when I was sick a few weeks ago, I ran into our gardener. I showed him the mess and asked if he knew of anyone who could come clean it out. I could tell he was actually, quite happy for me to broach the subject of

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 2

Five more questions. The first three to respond with correct answers by Midnight tonight wins a DVD from the ones I have. 1. What drink did I try to order in an Austrian Restaurant but was served sludge instead (two answers I will accept)? 2. What is the name of the hotel I stayed at in Amsterdam? 3. Who was the last person Brokencnady wished happy birthday to and who is that person in relation to lollipop? 4. What was the purpose of lollipop visiting Austria? 5. During my trip to Amsterdam for the trade show I saw a movie I later took my Husband to see the week after I returned which movie is it? GOOD LUCK!