Skip to main content

We Have Fire

As in a backyard, super awesome, fire pit! This weekend the landscaping saga continued in our backyard. Bright and early on saturday morning our two huge rocks and other decorative stones were delivered via a huge truck and forklift. The delivery guy didn't want to place the rocks for us cause he was adament that he would break our sprinkler system and ruin our lawn. As we were adament we were never going to find anybody to move those rocks (weighing over a ton each) we said get your butt on that fork lift and position those stones, sprinklers and lawn be damned. Honestly, we thought he was being a bit lazy as it didn't look that hard and really what could he do to damage our yard?

Well......a few hours later we found out our sprinklers were indeed broken. The lawn was toussled a bit but it would grow back but we kinda looked at one another with that "Oh Shit!" look when we found out the sprinklers didn't work. Good thing my husband is one of those handy kind of guys and good thing my brother-in-law knows a thing or two about sprinklers. The Hub called his bro and got some advise. Anyhoo, what ensued from about 2-6pm was hilarious. I am not so much a mud girl so I went in the house to clean while the Hub made mud in the backyard.

After being in the house for a while I come out to find my husband completely wet and completely muddy and not to mention it looked like a gofer had dug up our lawn! I about died laughing but decided not to since I hadn't gotten in the mud myself(if only I had a camera with a charge!). He had dugged down to the sprinkler piping in two spots and found that indeed that fork lift cracked one of the pipes.

After buying $10 bucks worth of supplies at Ace Hardware and a ton of mud later, the problem was fixed. Sure, the Hub had to dig up the yard and get totally dirty but it was a lot better then the rocks sitting on our driveway and trying to find people to move them! Anyhoo, we cleaned it all up so it doesn't look totally bad. Nothing some grass won't eventually cover.

So anyhoo, after the delivery guy left and before my husband started digging tunnels to China, we built a fire pit. It is so pretty! Again, I wish I had a charged camera to show you pictures. We have our stones and we have our pit so all we need are people and some fixings to make smores!!!!

We wanted to have a Halloween Party this year to celebrate the yard, but we are now out of spare cash so we will settle on a small smore party sometime soon and have a bigger party next year. The time will give us a chance to buy some patio furniture and complete some other projects. Don't worry, we will still celebrate Halloween but instead of the drinks being on us, they will be on one of my vendors who is throwing his annual costume party on the 25th in Weho. Although his party is cool I am a little bummed not to party it up in our backyard this year but oh well, priorities, priorities.

Well, tomorrow I meet my parents at LAX. I am off for 4 glorious days. Our plans so far are: Disneyland and Club 33 on Friday morning and afternoon. Attend Caroline's birthday party at the Jazz Kitchen at Downtown Disney that evening. On Sunday we have tickets to go the Magic Castle (another invitation only spot) for brunch and magic shows. Then we have tickets to the opening season of LA Kings Hockey! Go Kings!!!!! I am not sure what we will do this week but it will probably involved going to Orange County to some beachy towns to hang out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 3

Ok, so who will be the first to respond today Vanessa or Toby? The competition is getting tough!!! Remember people I have 3 DVD's to give away daily. So make sure to play!! If you are just chiming in, you can find the answers in previous blogs or trust what the previous people have posted is correct and steal their answers. 1. What color was the robe the hub and I wore at Red Rock? 2. What item in my Red Rock Hotel room did I like the most? 3. What is the full name of the friend whose house we stayed at in Vegas? 4. Which cartoon character did I think the printer guy in Austria looked like? 5. Which Red Light District themed "lady" was my favorite?

Behind Door Number One

Have you ever watched those TV Game shows where they have a couple of doors and behind one is a grand prize? Well, this weekend the hub and I found out what was behind our Door #1. The hubby and I are starting the beginning phases of landscaping our backyard. Our first step, was to clean out the area behind our garage. When we moved in, there was about 2 feet of walking space behind our garage the rest of the area was covered in vines. Vines were growing on the roof and generally it was a mess. Not wanting the vines to take over the roof, we I started to clear out the vines last fall. But after we cut a million vines with only a pair of clippers we gave up and decided to clean out the rest in the spring. Spring came around and we didn't do much until one day when I was sick a few weeks ago, I ran into our gardener. I showed him the mess and asked if he knew of anyone who could come clean it out. I could tell he was actually, quite happy for me to broach the subject of

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 2

Five more questions. The first three to respond with correct answers by Midnight tonight wins a DVD from the ones I have. 1. What drink did I try to order in an Austrian Restaurant but was served sludge instead (two answers I will accept)? 2. What is the name of the hotel I stayed at in Amsterdam? 3. Who was the last person Brokencnady wished happy birthday to and who is that person in relation to lollipop? 4. What was the purpose of lollipop visiting Austria? 5. During my trip to Amsterdam for the trade show I saw a movie I later took my Husband to see the week after I returned which movie is it? GOOD LUCK!