Skip to main content

I'm Marked for Twins

Yes, it has started. The Christmas Season that is. It started with the non-stop holiday music on the radio and has moved on to lights and oversized snowman inflatables in people's yards. Throw in a ton of non-stop Macy's sales, vendor holiday parties and Christmas Cards and wham you are smack dab into the season.

To help us get in the mood, Brian and I purchased our very first tree and a million teal decorations. After a visit with the BOSGUL last week we stayed up to the wee hours of the morning (for me anyway, normal for Brian) and decorated our tree. I will have to take some photos and post. I must say it came out pretty well and we have been enoying the twinkling lights ever since.

This week we received our company holiday present which disappointed a ton of people. Have you ever gotten a gift and you don't know what it does? Well, that's what I got this year in a recycle earth-friendly bag. What made the whole thing funny was that I received an envelope the next day. I opened it and inside was another Christmas note from the company CEO with a $25 gift certificate to American Express. I thought perhaps he had felt bad for giving us that "don't know what the hell this is?" gift and was happy until I looked at the envelope again. On the front of the envelope was my intern's name crossed out and my name written in. Then it sank in that my intern got a better gift then me!! Clearly the mail room hadn't found my intern's desk and gave it to me, her supervisor. I thought about keeping it for a minute but then thought about the bad kharma that would come from keeping it. Then I thought about giving the intern the $100 "I don't what the hell this gift is" but again, the guilt thing and the good angel part of my conscience took over. The girl does work hard. Anyway, a $25 gift certificate goes a long way in telling you about our company gift.

This week I went to the company Christmas Party which was wayyyyyyyy fun! They shut down New York Street and pulled out the red carpet. Ate a ton of sushi, had great mac-n-cheese, got an airbrush tattoo, had photo booth pictures taken, and then, my pa,l Mel and I had our palm's read. Apparently, according to the palm reader, I am marked with the sign of twins. As if twins aren't enough I am supposed to have another one too. Three kids! I am not sure how I am supposed to schedule that into my life and who is going to watch this big brood of children? (This was the only thing about the palm reading that stressed me out). Then she told me that I am a little bit psychic but I am not using it enough (apparently, cuz I haven't seen any twins coming in my head). She told me I hate working and that I should own my own business and work from home (bring it on). She told me I am a great communicator but I hate to talk to people. She told me I am lacking iron and that is why I am tired and take naps all the time. She told me I am intelligent and had I applied myself in college I could have won a scholarship (thanks for telling me this now). She told me that I think about moving far away from where I live now (yes, Hawaii). She told me that I have a fun life ahead of me but that I have to stop worrying about work (true). She told me I would have one long true love (true) but that he would be older then me (ummmm, I am older then Brian). She told me that my hands say I should be a painter and that I am artistic. I have never gotten my palm read so that was a cool experience. I am not sure about the twin's thing though. Just to double confirm I asked this girl at work, who reads palms, how many kids I am supposed to have and she said "Oh, you are marked for twins." I said "Oh, shit!"

After the work party I went to vendor holiday party at a club in Hollywood called Les Duex which then turned into a Playboy Mansion Party. Apparently my vendor rented the place out till 10PM and then afterward, the Playboy Mansion had a private red carpet party. I stayed to watch all the beautiful girls in their short dresses and high boots come in. We also saw the PlayBoy bunnies come in on the red carpet. Now only if I can go to a party at the mansion? Humm someday before the twins?

Friday, I had a panic attack at work. Have you ever had your chest get so tight that you couldn't breath? Suffice to say, I hate, hate, hate a certain movie right now and a few people. Anyhoo, my boss made me go to the holiday department lunch and it did calm me down though everyone was wondering why my eyes were all red. After work two gals from the office and I polished off some bottles of wine and ate a huge box of chocolates we got from a vendor. I had been watching what I was eating but I thought "Hey, I am having twins so my body is going to go to hell so what the hay?" Then I came home and took a nice long bubble bath with blaring music to relax. My girlfriend called at 10PM and she came over to drink some more beers with me and helped me bitch more about work. We ended up chatting really late so she stayed over.

Today I am doing a bit of work on said hated movie and then off to a holiday party at the Hinojosa's.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 3

Ok, so who will be the first to respond today Vanessa or Toby? The competition is getting tough!!! Remember people I have 3 DVD's to give away daily. So make sure to play!! If you are just chiming in, you can find the answers in previous blogs or trust what the previous people have posted is correct and steal their answers. 1. What color was the robe the hub and I wore at Red Rock? 2. What item in my Red Rock Hotel room did I like the most? 3. What is the full name of the friend whose house we stayed at in Vegas? 4. Which cartoon character did I think the printer guy in Austria looked like? 5. Which Red Light District themed "lady" was my favorite?

Behind Door Number One

Have you ever watched those TV Game shows where they have a couple of doors and behind one is a grand prize? Well, this weekend the hub and I found out what was behind our Door #1. The hubby and I are starting the beginning phases of landscaping our backyard. Our first step, was to clean out the area behind our garage. When we moved in, there was about 2 feet of walking space behind our garage the rest of the area was covered in vines. Vines were growing on the roof and generally it was a mess. Not wanting the vines to take over the roof, we I started to clear out the vines last fall. But after we cut a million vines with only a pair of clippers we gave up and decided to clean out the rest in the spring. Spring came around and we didn't do much until one day when I was sick a few weeks ago, I ran into our gardener. I showed him the mess and asked if he knew of anyone who could come clean it out. I could tell he was actually, quite happy for me to broach the subject of

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 2

Five more questions. The first three to respond with correct answers by Midnight tonight wins a DVD from the ones I have. 1. What drink did I try to order in an Austrian Restaurant but was served sludge instead (two answers I will accept)? 2. What is the name of the hotel I stayed at in Amsterdam? 3. Who was the last person Brokencnady wished happy birthday to and who is that person in relation to lollipop? 4. What was the purpose of lollipop visiting Austria? 5. During my trip to Amsterdam for the trade show I saw a movie I later took my Husband to see the week after I returned which movie is it? GOOD LUCK!