Skip to main content

Happy Holidays

It's getting close! Only three more days till the big event (depending on if you open presents on Mon or Tues. that is). Brokencandy would like to extend a happy holidays greeting to all readers. Hope you have a wonderful holiday with your family and friends!!

The hub and I decided to celebrate Christmas in Los Angeles in our new home. To help us get in the spirit, we decided to go shopping and get some new decorations. When we were in Michigan last month, we visited BRONNERS (the largest Christmas themed store in the world). We decided we wanted our tree to match our living room so we bought everything in teal and somehow our tree took on a peacock theme as well. In addition to teal and peacock items we also have some old fashion ornaments that we bought and of course a few oldies from as years (i.e. like the Christmas Monkey). Everything we bought was in two's so if you come to our house and find the three items that are not in two's, you win a prize!!! One of my favorite decorations is the "Two Peas in a Pod" decoration.

When we visited Sanger for Thanksgiving, Santa Rusca contributed more teal/peacock themed decorations to the cause. The first week of December we visited the local YMCA tree lot and bought ourselves a six foot tall tree. We had fun decorating it into the wee hours of the morning with all of our decorations from Michigan and Sanger. The pics below were taken a while ago but now we have presents under the tree so it looks even more inviting! Thanks to our momma's for contributing to our decorating tree fund!! I think it turned out sooo pretty! Brian and I can't wait for Christmas in our new house!!

Sadly, my Disney decorations had to take a break from appearing on the tree but they are still out of the box decorating the big window in my dining room and my Tinkerbell topper is now topping a bottle of wine but she still shining her light each night!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Behind Door Number One

Have you ever watched those TV Game shows where they have a couple of doors and behind one is a grand prize? Well, this weekend the hub and I found out what was behind our Door #1. The hubby and I are starting the beginning phases of landscaping our backyard. Our first step, was to clean out the area behind our garage. When we moved in, there was about 2 feet of walking space behind our garage the rest of the area was covered in vines. Vines were growing on the roof and generally it was a mess. Not wanting the vines to take over the roof, we I started to clear out the vines last fall. But after we cut a million vines with only a pair of clippers we gave up and decided to clean out the rest in the spring. Spring came around and we didn't do much until one day when I was sick a few weeks ago, I ran into our gardener. I showed him the mess and asked if he knew of anyone who could come clean it out. I could tell he was actually, quite happy for me to broach the subject of ...

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 2

Five more questions. The first three to respond with correct answers by Midnight tonight wins a DVD from the ones I have. 1. What drink did I try to order in an Austrian Restaurant but was served sludge instead (two answers I will accept)? 2. What is the name of the hotel I stayed at in Amsterdam? 3. Who was the last person Brokencnady wished happy birthday to and who is that person in relation to lollipop? 4. What was the purpose of lollipop visiting Austria? 5. During my trip to Amsterdam for the trade show I saw a movie I later took my Husband to see the week after I returned which movie is it? GOOD LUCK!

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 3

Ok, so who will be the first to respond today Vanessa or Toby? The competition is getting tough!!! Remember people I have 3 DVD's to give away daily. So make sure to play!! If you are just chiming in, you can find the answers in previous blogs or trust what the previous people have posted is correct and steal their answers. 1. What color was the robe the hub and I wore at Red Rock? 2. What item in my Red Rock Hotel room did I like the most? 3. What is the full name of the friend whose house we stayed at in Vegas? 4. Which cartoon character did I think the printer guy in Austria looked like? 5. Which Red Light District themed "lady" was my favorite?