Skip to main content

Happy Birthday Mother & Merry Christmas Eve



Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday dear Mommy, Happy Birthday to you!

Mom- I hope you didn't have to work too much today. Maybe the department store folks let you go home early so you can eat the German Chocolate Cake Grandma K made for you. Did you get your birthday present yet? I am hoping it comes in the mail today. Look for a little square box with Peruvian animals on it. Brian and I got you a little something for your trip to Hawaii in January. We hope you like it. We thought it was pretty and suited you. I just hope you get it today.

I spoke to my mom the other day and if you don't know her, she pretty much is the best bargain shopper around. I really only think she works at the department store so she can shop and find good deals (which isn't a bad thing unless you are my dad's pocketbook - hehehe). I must say she gets some really good stuff (designer stuff) for cheap. Anyhoo, she must have gotten her best deal a few days ago. She was walking by the jewelry counter and her co-worker called her over to show her a good deal. A $350 diamond bracelet which was supposed to be on sale, was scanning for a mere $9.00..... nope I didn't forget any nines. The lady asked my mom if she wanted one cuz, all those ladies at the department store are looking out for each other. It's really the ladies working at the department stores that are getting the best sale deals and not the general public. We get what is left after the employees scoop up all the really good stuff. After a bit of looking around the lady came up with 4 diamond bracelets and my mom using her 30% off employee coupon they gave her to use (for that day only) got each bracelet for $7.00 each. Talk about lucky. Obviously, someone had not scanned that product right cuz you just don't get diamonds (real ones) for $7 bucks. But the stars aligned and my mom got four (one for her, my Grandma K, me and Kate). This was better then the Dooney and Burke purse deal! Talk about being in the right price at the right time. My mom of course told my dad she bought 4 bracelets for $28 and before he heard the whole story he said she had still paid too much. Anyone who knows my dad, knows this was a particularly funny statement. He's the opposite of my mom in that he doesn't like to spend money. I guess that is why opposite's attract right?

Today is Christmas Eve! I think Brian and I are going to open presents tonight. I can't wait. Our house is so pretty. With the tree, the lights and the pretty Christmas Lilies that Steve and Rosemary sent we are all ready for tonight. A bottle of champaign is waiting in the fridge and 9 candles are waiting in the fireplace to be lit. The only thing I need to dig out of storage is Christmas music. Santa stopped buy to unpack stocking stuff he had left with the Rusca's and put it into Brian and I's stockings. Now we just need to plan our dinner. We were going to make a big dinner but not sure how time will a lot for it today. I think we will head to Pasadena for a little Christmas shopping courtesy of work gift certificates that Brian and I received. Nothing like shopping with free money!!!

I got this feng shui book called MOVE YOUR STUFF, CHANGE YOUR LIFE and I am learning all about decorating our house. Amazingly we are already doing a lot of good things. The only bad thing is that our prosperity room is our back bathroom. So I have to keep that room super clean and keep the toilet seat down so money doesn't go down the toilet. I read a lot of the book last night and it's pretty cool how everything relates to each other and to your situation in life. When we go shopping I hope to get some stuff to decorate our bedroom which is our fame and reputation room. If there is something bad going in your life, you should check out a feng shui book cause likely there is something not right in your house. I know some of you might think this is cheesy but after reading the book I think there is truth to it. So check it out people and change your life!

We have been having a good 4 1/2-day break so far. Friday, Brian got out of work early and we played our new Scrabble game. We tried to play Clue but you need 3 people. Saturday was Brian's Birthday and we had fun watching a really good movie called JUNO (in my top 5 for the year,) yes the hype is all good) and eating at the fancy Roy's, a Hawaiian Fusion Restaurant (the food was sooooo good)! You know, it's really nice to splurge on a good meal every once in a while, your taste buds really deserve it!! Yesterday, Matt and Michele came over and we showed them the house. They said they were surprised at how "grown up" it is decorated (sometimes I am surprised too). We grabbed some food at one of the local places and then then came back to house and talked for hours and drank some champaign and white wine. We had a really good time. Too bad Michele had to work this morning or else I am sure we could have convinced them to stay over on the areo bed.

Well, I got to get going, Brian woke up early today and he is making me breakfast (my hubby is the best!) and then its off to Pasadena to do some shopping and take in a movie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 3

Ok, so who will be the first to respond today Vanessa or Toby? The competition is getting tough!!! Remember people I have 3 DVD's to give away daily. So make sure to play!! If you are just chiming in, you can find the answers in previous blogs or trust what the previous people have posted is correct and steal their answers. 1. What color was the robe the hub and I wore at Red Rock? 2. What item in my Red Rock Hotel room did I like the most? 3. What is the full name of the friend whose house we stayed at in Vegas? 4. Which cartoon character did I think the printer guy in Austria looked like? 5. Which Red Light District themed "lady" was my favorite?

Behind Door Number One

Have you ever watched those TV Game shows where they have a couple of doors and behind one is a grand prize? Well, this weekend the hub and I found out what was behind our Door #1. The hubby and I are starting the beginning phases of landscaping our backyard. Our first step, was to clean out the area behind our garage. When we moved in, there was about 2 feet of walking space behind our garage the rest of the area was covered in vines. Vines were growing on the roof and generally it was a mess. Not wanting the vines to take over the roof, we I started to clear out the vines last fall. But after we cut a million vines with only a pair of clippers we gave up and decided to clean out the rest in the spring. Spring came around and we didn't do much until one day when I was sick a few weeks ago, I ran into our gardener. I showed him the mess and asked if he knew of anyone who could come clean it out. I could tell he was actually, quite happy for me to broach the subject of

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 2

Five more questions. The first three to respond with correct answers by Midnight tonight wins a DVD from the ones I have. 1. What drink did I try to order in an Austrian Restaurant but was served sludge instead (two answers I will accept)? 2. What is the name of the hotel I stayed at in Amsterdam? 3. Who was the last person Brokencnady wished happy birthday to and who is that person in relation to lollipop? 4. What was the purpose of lollipop visiting Austria? 5. During my trip to Amsterdam for the trade show I saw a movie I later took my Husband to see the week after I returned which movie is it? GOOD LUCK!