Skip to main content

Car Shopping

Ok, so this weekend I went looking for cars to replace my 12-year old red chevy crapalier. I ran into every kind of car salesman. The slimy kind, the old kind, the I don't care kind and the no hassle/nice kind. I even ran into a finance guy who asked me what he had to do to convince me to take his car home.  I was almost taken in by his let's make a deal attitude but little did he know he had just ran into "I am on a tight budget girl." I haven't bought a car since I was 20 (and really my mom negogiated that deal and that car) and I wasn't about to buy the first car I looked at.   Nope, little did Mr. Finance guy know that I wasn't making any deals until the good ole financial numbers told me I could. So I went home minus the new car but I sure came home with a ton of brochures.  The brochures were pretty but they didn't help me with my decision. This is where you the readership come in. 

Of all the cars I tested, I have narrowed my choice of car down to the trendy, yet practical, "Go, Green!" Toyota Prius or the totally fun, reminds me of my very first 4x4, all-American Jeep Patriot.  I have always owned American but I am willing to change for the environment cuz, after seeing ARTIC TALE I must save the polar bears! And if I buy a Prius I will be emitting less toxic fumes, thus saving the atmosphere and thus, preventing global warming, thus saving the polar ice caps from melting, thus saving the polar bears.  The "no hassle/nice salesman" at the Toyota dealership said I should think about what I would use the car for.  But I still can't decide so I have come up with some pro's and con's for each.

I am not a big camper/sporty gal so I really wouldn't need the Jeep but it would come in handy as we fix the house and go to Home Depo. However, it also only gets 25- 27 miles to the gallon. Then again I loved how it drove and would totally have fun going to work in it. Plus it has a little spot for my IPOD.  The Prius does have a lot of room, it's good for the environment, get 40-50 miles per gallon and you can drive in the car pool lane and get a $700 tax break for owning a hybrid.  However, it costs more than the Jeep, insurance is a little more every 6 months than the Jeep and it's not the prettiest thing from the outside.  I did just have the crapalier for 12 years and doesn't a girl deserve a bit more style? As of this blog I still can't decide.  It's a wash for me (both drive well) so now I need your help.  Which one should I get? Should I go green or go fun? Go practical or go big and roomier? Which way to go?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Behind Door Number One

Have you ever watched those TV Game shows where they have a couple of doors and behind one is a grand prize? Well, this weekend the hub and I found out what was behind our Door #1. The hubby and I are starting the beginning phases of landscaping our backyard. Our first step, was to clean out the area behind our garage. When we moved in, there was about 2 feet of walking space behind our garage the rest of the area was covered in vines. Vines were growing on the roof and generally it was a mess. Not wanting the vines to take over the roof, we I started to clear out the vines last fall. But after we cut a million vines with only a pair of clippers we gave up and decided to clean out the rest in the spring. Spring came around and we didn't do much until one day when I was sick a few weeks ago, I ran into our gardener. I showed him the mess and asked if he knew of anyone who could come clean it out. I could tell he was actually, quite happy for me to broach the subject of ...

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 2

Five more questions. The first three to respond with correct answers by Midnight tonight wins a DVD from the ones I have. 1. What drink did I try to order in an Austrian Restaurant but was served sludge instead (two answers I will accept)? 2. What is the name of the hotel I stayed at in Amsterdam? 3. Who was the last person Brokencnady wished happy birthday to and who is that person in relation to lollipop? 4. What was the purpose of lollipop visiting Austria? 5. During my trip to Amsterdam for the trade show I saw a movie I later took my Husband to see the week after I returned which movie is it? GOOD LUCK!

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 3

Ok, so who will be the first to respond today Vanessa or Toby? The competition is getting tough!!! Remember people I have 3 DVD's to give away daily. So make sure to play!! If you are just chiming in, you can find the answers in previous blogs or trust what the previous people have posted is correct and steal their answers. 1. What color was the robe the hub and I wore at Red Rock? 2. What item in my Red Rock Hotel room did I like the most? 3. What is the full name of the friend whose house we stayed at in Vegas? 4. Which cartoon character did I think the printer guy in Austria looked like? 5. Which Red Light District themed "lady" was my favorite?