Skip to main content

Saving Grace


The great outdoors has been my saving grace in this pandemic we had previously relied on Disneyland to fill our weekends but we are finding that there is more to life than theme parks! 😱  That has been a refreshing realization.  From creeks, to walks in the woods to exploring tide pools to waterfalls, Southern California has a ton to offer. They even have snow 50 minutes up the 210!  My eyes are more wide open so kudos to the great outdoors!  

This past Friday, distance learning was done for the week, tons of job applications submitted and well, I felt the need to get out!  So we spoke to the neighbors and headed out. Two weeks ago, all of us went to Sunset Ridge but there were no signs and what we walked on I don’t think was Sunset Ridge as the signs were sparse and the people I asked weren’t sure either and there were a ton of trails. We picked an unlabeled trail and asked people where we were but they seemed to be just as unknowledgable as us! 

Later, we did run into a couple who seemed to know what they were doing and they said to keep walking and we would run into the top of a waterfall.  So we walked and made it to the top but the top did not afford us flowing water (a good view but we wanted magic!) and it was really steep and Momma don’t mess with steep. 

The knowledgeable couple had told us where to park the second time. This time we discovered flowing water! It was a beautiful walk through the woods and then all the sudden you were in this open cavern like area. It felt very Goonie-y-ish so I yelled “Hey You Guys.” Waterfalls are a pretty cool payoff, I recommend.  I think we were in Millard Falls. 🤪😜

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Behind Door Number One

Have you ever watched those TV Game shows where they have a couple of doors and behind one is a grand prize? Well, this weekend the hub and I found out what was behind our Door #1. The hubby and I are starting the beginning phases of landscaping our backyard. Our first step, was to clean out the area behind our garage. When we moved in, there was about 2 feet of walking space behind our garage the rest of the area was covered in vines. Vines were growing on the roof and generally it was a mess. Not wanting the vines to take over the roof, we I started to clear out the vines last fall. But after we cut a million vines with only a pair of clippers we gave up and decided to clean out the rest in the spring. Spring came around and we didn't do much until one day when I was sick a few weeks ago, I ran into our gardener. I showed him the mess and asked if he knew of anyone who could come clean it out. I could tell he was actually, quite happy for me to broach the subject of ...

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 2

Five more questions. The first three to respond with correct answers by Midnight tonight wins a DVD from the ones I have. 1. What drink did I try to order in an Austrian Restaurant but was served sludge instead (two answers I will accept)? 2. What is the name of the hotel I stayed at in Amsterdam? 3. Who was the last person Brokencnady wished happy birthday to and who is that person in relation to lollipop? 4. What was the purpose of lollipop visiting Austria? 5. During my trip to Amsterdam for the trade show I saw a movie I later took my Husband to see the week after I returned which movie is it? GOOD LUCK!

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 3

Ok, so who will be the first to respond today Vanessa or Toby? The competition is getting tough!!! Remember people I have 3 DVD's to give away daily. So make sure to play!! If you are just chiming in, you can find the answers in previous blogs or trust what the previous people have posted is correct and steal their answers. 1. What color was the robe the hub and I wore at Red Rock? 2. What item in my Red Rock Hotel room did I like the most? 3. What is the full name of the friend whose house we stayed at in Vegas? 4. Which cartoon character did I think the printer guy in Austria looked like? 5. Which Red Light District themed "lady" was my favorite?