Skip to main content

Daddy's Birthday Dinner

After spending a fun day at Disneyland we met up with our good friends Charlie and Kristy and their newborn son, Dylan to not only celebrate Brian's birthday but to celebrate their wedding anniversary which falls on December 21st. A few years ago we celebrated both occasions together at Ruth Chris Steak House in Pasadena. We decided to celebrate together again this year and searched for restaurants but fell upon Ruth Chris Steak house in Anaheim. Not that any of us complained! I was a bit worried going to such a nice restaurant with Penny. She is usually pretty good but sometimes she can be unruly. I didn't want this to be one of those nights. But it was as if she knew this was super important and she put on her best behavior. Frankly, I can't believe she was so good considering we didn't sit in a booth and she had to sit in a high chair which she hates doing in restaurants. While I was worrying about Penny, our friends were worrying about their baby. Luckily for all of us we got to enjoy an nice evening with impeccable service and food. I was quite impressed that the server and the staff were un-phased by Penny and the baby. Truthfully, I was quite relieved to find that other children were at the restaurant when we walked in. It allowed me to enjoy the evening. I guess the Anaheim location being so close to Disney is more kid friendly than the Pasadena location. The cutest moments were when Penny discovered that our guests had a baby. She so enjoyed looking at Dylan up close and personal.

Popular posts from this blog

Behind Door Number One

Have you ever watched those TV Game shows where they have a couple of doors and behind one is a grand prize? Well, this weekend the hub and I found out what was behind our Door #1. The hubby and I are starting the beginning phases of landscaping our backyard. Our first step, was to clean out the area behind our garage. When we moved in, there was about 2 feet of walking space behind our garage the rest of the area was covered in vines. Vines were growing on the roof and generally it was a mess. Not wanting the vines to take over the roof, we I started to clear out the vines last fall. But after we cut a million vines with only a pair of clippers we gave up and decided to clean out the rest in the spring. Spring came around and we didn't do much until one day when I was sick a few weeks ago, I ran into our gardener. I showed him the mess and asked if he knew of anyone who could come clean it out. I could tell he was actually, quite happy for me to broach the subject of ...

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 2

Five more questions. The first three to respond with correct answers by Midnight tonight wins a DVD from the ones I have. 1. What drink did I try to order in an Austrian Restaurant but was served sludge instead (two answers I will accept)? 2. What is the name of the hotel I stayed at in Amsterdam? 3. Who was the last person Brokencnady wished happy birthday to and who is that person in relation to lollipop? 4. What was the purpose of lollipop visiting Austria? 5. During my trip to Amsterdam for the trade show I saw a movie I later took my Husband to see the week after I returned which movie is it? GOOD LUCK!

What is Twilight?

I have loved movies and worked in movies and I consider myself knowledgable about movies but I have no idea what this whole Twilight craze is all about. Do you? I know it's something to do about vampires and that it's the new Harry Potter but what the heck is it? All of the sudden everywhere I go I hear about Twilight. They are interviewing talent on the radio and I have no idea who these stars are. It's like Hollywood grew a new list of talent over night and didn't tell me. Anyhoo, that movie opened last night to gang buster numbers but yet, I have no idea. I have no idea about the Jonas Brothers either. Am I getting old? I guess so.