Skip to main content

Sunday Brunching

Uncle Sandy and Aunt Marlene, otherwise known as the people who belong to every exclusive club in the world (think Club 33 and the Magic Castle), invited Penny out for Sunday Brunch at yet another exclusive club, the Mulholland Tennis Club. I didn't even know it existed when he invited us so with a quick Google search I found out what it was all about. Apparently it not only has tennis courts but a big pool and of course, a big club house where its members can dine. So this morning we headed up into the Hollywood Hills (think Hollywood sign) to Sandy's house. (Fun Fact: Sandy is neighbor's with Ryan Seacrest). Then we carpooled to Mulholland drive. Upon arriving the thing that caught my attention was the pool. It looked absolutely inviting!! We went up the stairs to the dining room and what did we see? A beautiful okay gorgeous view of the valley. We chose a table that afforded the best view and took up residence. Instead of having the buffet we each choose an entree. I had a Chinese Chicken Salad which was pretty tasty. Everyone enjoyed their food but it was the view that was the highlight of Penny's first brunch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Behind Door Number One

Have you ever watched those TV Game shows where they have a couple of doors and behind one is a grand prize? Well, this weekend the hub and I found out what was behind our Door #1. The hubby and I are starting the beginning phases of landscaping our backyard. Our first step, was to clean out the area behind our garage. When we moved in, there was about 2 feet of walking space behind our garage the rest of the area was covered in vines. Vines were growing on the roof and generally it was a mess. Not wanting the vines to take over the roof, we I started to clear out the vines last fall. But after we cut a million vines with only a pair of clippers we gave up and decided to clean out the rest in the spring. Spring came around and we didn't do much until one day when I was sick a few weeks ago, I ran into our gardener. I showed him the mess and asked if he knew of anyone who could come clean it out. I could tell he was actually, quite happy for me to broach the subject of ...

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 2

Five more questions. The first three to respond with correct answers by Midnight tonight wins a DVD from the ones I have. 1. What drink did I try to order in an Austrian Restaurant but was served sludge instead (two answers I will accept)? 2. What is the name of the hotel I stayed at in Amsterdam? 3. Who was the last person Brokencnady wished happy birthday to and who is that person in relation to lollipop? 4. What was the purpose of lollipop visiting Austria? 5. During my trip to Amsterdam for the trade show I saw a movie I later took my Husband to see the week after I returned which movie is it? GOOD LUCK!

What is Twilight?

I have loved movies and worked in movies and I consider myself knowledgable about movies but I have no idea what this whole Twilight craze is all about. Do you? I know it's something to do about vampires and that it's the new Harry Potter but what the heck is it? All of the sudden everywhere I go I hear about Twilight. They are interviewing talent on the radio and I have no idea who these stars are. It's like Hollywood grew a new list of talent over night and didn't tell me. Anyhoo, that movie opened last night to gang buster numbers but yet, I have no idea. I have no idea about the Jonas Brothers either. Am I getting old? I guess so.