Skip to main content

Spotting "The Fly" at the Theater

I love making awesome discoveries and for me, the Mark Taper Forum can be classified as an awesome discovery! Last night, hubby and I were very lucky to catch the very last performance of Tennessee Williams' "The Glass Menagerie." In short, it was awesome! The actors' performances were amazing! The theater itself was amazing AND..... I had an amazingly good time!
If you are a theater buff like me and you haven't been to Mark Taper, all I can say is.... you just have to go! Why? Well, not only is the theater easy to get into and out of (considering it's in Downtown LA and all), but the theater itself is intimate and pretty much every seat in the theater has a great view. It's like you are in the play yourself! Did I mention the reasonable prices? Hubby and I sat in the second row, that is arms length away from real live actors and paid $30 for a seat (well we didn't really pay as the tickets were a gift but still $30 ea is cheap for theater). I watched in anticipation the actors' every move. I was so close I could see every expression they made which made the play all the more entertaining. I can't remember the last time I got so much live entertainment for so little cost. Not only that but we spotted Jeff Goldblum at the theater, you know, the guy from "Jurassic Park." So not only do you get to see theater actors but film actors show up to watch the theater actors! It's sweet. Oh don't forget to bring $9 for the parking structure, a twenty to get yourself some drinks and snacks during the 15 minute intermission and of course, to show up a little extra early so you can visit the clean restrooms and properly get yourself seated for the show. If you like plays, I know you will like this place!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Behind Door Number One

Have you ever watched those TV Game shows where they have a couple of doors and behind one is a grand prize? Well, this weekend the hub and I found out what was behind our Door #1. The hubby and I are starting the beginning phases of landscaping our backyard. Our first step, was to clean out the area behind our garage. When we moved in, there was about 2 feet of walking space behind our garage the rest of the area was covered in vines. Vines were growing on the roof and generally it was a mess. Not wanting the vines to take over the roof, we I started to clear out the vines last fall. But after we cut a million vines with only a pair of clippers we gave up and decided to clean out the rest in the spring. Spring came around and we didn't do much until one day when I was sick a few weeks ago, I ran into our gardener. I showed him the mess and asked if he knew of anyone who could come clean it out. I could tell he was actually, quite happy for me to broach the subject of ...

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 2

Five more questions. The first three to respond with correct answers by Midnight tonight wins a DVD from the ones I have. 1. What drink did I try to order in an Austrian Restaurant but was served sludge instead (two answers I will accept)? 2. What is the name of the hotel I stayed at in Amsterdam? 3. Who was the last person Brokencnady wished happy birthday to and who is that person in relation to lollipop? 4. What was the purpose of lollipop visiting Austria? 5. During my trip to Amsterdam for the trade show I saw a movie I later took my Husband to see the week after I returned which movie is it? GOOD LUCK!

What is Twilight?

I have loved movies and worked in movies and I consider myself knowledgable about movies but I have no idea what this whole Twilight craze is all about. Do you? I know it's something to do about vampires and that it's the new Harry Potter but what the heck is it? All of the sudden everywhere I go I hear about Twilight. They are interviewing talent on the radio and I have no idea who these stars are. It's like Hollywood grew a new list of talent over night and didn't tell me. Anyhoo, that movie opened last night to gang buster numbers but yet, I have no idea. I have no idea about the Jonas Brothers either. Am I getting old? I guess so.