Skip to main content

I Lived to Tell Another Tale

....so I survived the swine flu or what I think was the swine flu. They don't test you unless you are either preggers, a child or an elderly person. I was none of those so I didn't get tested. I was confined to the couch Wed, Thurs and Friday and then on Saturday I felt like I could get off the couch and went to the grocery store to get more flu medicine. On Sunday I was able to go shopping at Costco and managed to get 40% of my christmas shopping done. But I was really tired when I got home. Today, I went to work and I am feeling about 70% back to normal. The the other 30% involves mucus oozing around in my head. That mucus is currently giving me a sinus headache. Long hot showers seem to help but this was the first time the flu medicine didn't really seem to be effective other than knocking me out for a few hours to sleep. Luckily, the sniffling, sneezing and fever are gone. I must say the mighty power of blue gatorade got me through this flu.

Being sick really wasn't much fun. I thought I would get some much needed rest with my two sick days from work but really all I could do was watch some TV and some really bad TV at that. Do you know they have remade "Let's Make a Deal" with my friend Jeff Daly's lookalike?? That show should be zonked! They also updated "The Price Is Right" with Drew Carrey. Is it me or does Drew seem to be having a really bad time? They still have the same Bob Barker games but the new colors are cheesy and Drew himself doesn't look like he is enjoying hosting. He kinda seems fake about hosting. Hummm? I had to ask why is this funny comedian hosting a game show. Seems kinda like a waste.

I also learned that I don't need to worry about Moses. Even though that dog sleeps a good 8-9 hours every night he doesn't seem to mind sleeping several more hours throughout the day. Who knew dogs liked to sleep so much?? I am completely jealous. Even in my sickness I couldn't sleep that much. I have noticed though that my dog likes to sleep in weird positions. I wished I had a camera of how he lays on the couch with his head cocked up. You can't help but laugh out loud when you witness this sight.

Well, that is pretty much all I have to say on the swine flu. Don't rub your eyes people. I found myself doing that a lot lately and whalla I got sick. So sanitize those hands and take care of yourselves!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Behind Door Number One

Have you ever watched those TV Game shows where they have a couple of doors and behind one is a grand prize? Well, this weekend the hub and I found out what was behind our Door #1. The hubby and I are starting the beginning phases of landscaping our backyard. Our first step, was to clean out the area behind our garage. When we moved in, there was about 2 feet of walking space behind our garage the rest of the area was covered in vines. Vines were growing on the roof and generally it was a mess. Not wanting the vines to take over the roof, we I started to clear out the vines last fall. But after we cut a million vines with only a pair of clippers we gave up and decided to clean out the rest in the spring. Spring came around and we didn't do much until one day when I was sick a few weeks ago, I ran into our gardener. I showed him the mess and asked if he knew of anyone who could come clean it out. I could tell he was actually, quite happy for me to broach the subject of ...

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 2

Five more questions. The first three to respond with correct answers by Midnight tonight wins a DVD from the ones I have. 1. What drink did I try to order in an Austrian Restaurant but was served sludge instead (two answers I will accept)? 2. What is the name of the hotel I stayed at in Amsterdam? 3. Who was the last person Brokencnady wished happy birthday to and who is that person in relation to lollipop? 4. What was the purpose of lollipop visiting Austria? 5. During my trip to Amsterdam for the trade show I saw a movie I later took my Husband to see the week after I returned which movie is it? GOOD LUCK!

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 3

Ok, so who will be the first to respond today Vanessa or Toby? The competition is getting tough!!! Remember people I have 3 DVD's to give away daily. So make sure to play!! If you are just chiming in, you can find the answers in previous blogs or trust what the previous people have posted is correct and steal their answers. 1. What color was the robe the hub and I wore at Red Rock? 2. What item in my Red Rock Hotel room did I like the most? 3. What is the full name of the friend whose house we stayed at in Vegas? 4. Which cartoon character did I think the printer guy in Austria looked like? 5. Which Red Light District themed "lady" was my favorite?