Skip to main content

Oh, Oh, It's Magic

Last night I had the opportunity to go to the Magic Castle once again. It's funny how I have never been in the 12 years I lived here and all the sudden this year I am going quite a bit. My friend, Danielle is taking magic lessons there and so she has become an honorary member. She is able to get four guests in for free. See if you go with a member its free entry otherwise it costs $25 bucks which is steep but I guess not really considering you are paying to see super cool entertainment. Danielle and I have been meaning to meet up for drinks at the castle after work, since I work so close by. Last night, our schedules finally matched up and we made true on our plans.

Luckily our men, who are both TV editors were able to leave work behind and join us. My brother-in-law, Neil, who is in town was also able to come courtesy of some of hubby's clothing. And yes, for all of you wondering, Neil's "big arms" fit into one of the hubby's suits. In fact, all dressed in black, the brothers looked mighty f-i-n-e! It was a fun time. I got to hang out with three good looking men and an exotic magician (Danielle).

The one good thing about the Magic Castle is that it's hard to get bored there despite having now been a few times. This is because every time you go, there are new performers and something new you haven't seen at the castle. Last night was the first night we didn't sit down to dinner (or brunch or lunch). Instead, we all drank our dinner and sampled a few appetizers. It allowed us to see more shows. If you like to drink this place is really cool to hang out at. They have a ton of cool, eclectic bars around the castle and no matter where you go you can take your drink with you. The only thing you can't take with you is appetizers. This really nice guy held a show in the Palace of Mystery so Danielle and I could stuff our face with a whole plate of artichoke appetizers. Can you say indigestion?

Last night we saw this guy, Steve Dacri, who used to perform on the Johnny Carson show. He was really good. We also saw a Scottish guy, Paul Wilson who did stuff with a pack of cards no one could figure out. We finally hung out in the WC Fields Bar and saw Doc Eason perform while hawking drinks behind a bar. We caught Aaron Fisher in the Hat and Hare Lounge where the hubby became part of the act. Then we saw this lawyer guy, Brian Glicker, the featured performer play out "law themed" tricks. Danielle and I were called up to be his assistants at two different points in the show. We ended the night in the big theatre, the Palace of Mystery where we saw this really cool gal, Lindsay Benner perform juggling and miming tricks. Her act was really cute. It was another fun night at the Magic Castle. We even ran into Hocus Pocus Focus but ended up refunding our money since we already have a couple of passes and now we have Danielle, who informed us she is signing up for magic class number two. I hope she tells us a couple of secrets!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Behind Door Number One

Have you ever watched those TV Game shows where they have a couple of doors and behind one is a grand prize? Well, this weekend the hub and I found out what was behind our Door #1. The hubby and I are starting the beginning phases of landscaping our backyard. Our first step, was to clean out the area behind our garage. When we moved in, there was about 2 feet of walking space behind our garage the rest of the area was covered in vines. Vines were growing on the roof and generally it was a mess. Not wanting the vines to take over the roof, we I started to clear out the vines last fall. But after we cut a million vines with only a pair of clippers we gave up and decided to clean out the rest in the spring. Spring came around and we didn't do much until one day when I was sick a few weeks ago, I ran into our gardener. I showed him the mess and asked if he knew of anyone who could come clean it out. I could tell he was actually, quite happy for me to broach the subject of ...

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 2

Five more questions. The first three to respond with correct answers by Midnight tonight wins a DVD from the ones I have. 1. What drink did I try to order in an Austrian Restaurant but was served sludge instead (two answers I will accept)? 2. What is the name of the hotel I stayed at in Amsterdam? 3. Who was the last person Brokencnady wished happy birthday to and who is that person in relation to lollipop? 4. What was the purpose of lollipop visiting Austria? 5. During my trip to Amsterdam for the trade show I saw a movie I later took my Husband to see the week after I returned which movie is it? GOOD LUCK!

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 1

Win some DVD's. I have 5 titles and 3 copies of each to give away!!! Each DVD title was released within this past year from my studio EDIT: Ok Toby, in an effort to make people work for the prizes I will amend the rules a bit. I will have 5 questions for the next 5 days (until Friday, July 18th). Game ends at Midnight on Friday. The first three people to the answer the day's questions correctly (log the answers in the comment section on that day's blog by midnight each night) will win a DVD. People can win each day for a total of 5 days, as I only have 5 different DVD's. To make it interesting....The person who wins the most over the course of 5-days will take home a special studio prize package plus the DVD's they won daily over the next 5 days. If a tie, the person who answered the questions first the most days will win the grand prize. I will find someway to get the stuff to the winner! MONDAY's 5 QUESTIONS: 1. Which two movie stars did I meet at a f...