Skip to main content

Catching Up With Friends

Finally got to see my old roomie, Maid of Honor, good pal, ole friend of mine, Ms Caroline this past week. She joined me at a Laker Game in downtown. For all who know her, she is doing well. She finally got herself cable TV (she hadn't had it since she moved) so she's been catching up on a lot of shows (I wonder if she watches America's Funniest Home Videos - it's always a treat to watch her watching that show - she's has this uncontrollable laugh that is hilarious to watch and hear - I should tape her watching the show and send it in). Anyhoo, she's been doing a bit of snowboarding and hanging out with her pals. She looked good and seems in good spirits, which is what one always wants for their friends. We gabbed and gabbed for the first quarter of the game and didn't noticed that the 2nd place Lakers were actually behind. The Charlotte BobCats were supposed to be a bad team but apparently they got one over on the Lakers that night. The Lakers never recovered and lost the game. They did almost catch up in the end but Kobe got thrown out the of the game. When he got thrown out all the other players seemed to give up. It was a little embarrassing to watch. I never seen the Lakers give up like that. Just cuz Kobe is out doesn't mean the rest can't play! Anyhoo, it was only my second Laker Game I've been too. I went previously this year on X-Mas Day. It was neat to go on a weekday because I got to see some celebrities. As I was waiting for Caroline at the VIP entrance none other than Pamela Anderson arrived with one of her sons. I saw the head of my company there and he had better seats than me, right on the court! I was hoping to see Jack Nicholson but he wasn't at either game I went to. What is up with that? He is supposed to be at every game!

This week I also heard from Miguel and El Jefe whom I haven't heard from in a long, long time. Both seem to be doing well. It would seem that Jeff's big break has finally come through. He has several people interested in one of his stories and they have asked him to write the full screenplay with the idea of either taking it to the indie realm or shopping it around studios to sell the script. This is very exciting news and what I have been waiting to happen to Jeff. Break a leg Jeff!!! He has until July to finish the script.

Saw Vantage Point last night thinking it was going to be really good and it was kind of a let down and not to mention annoying that it kept starting over every 20 minutes. I think the rest of the audience felt the same way because every time it started over people moaned. Plus the ending was kinda unbelievable. I am willing to let a lot of stuff go but I must say it was a cheeseball ending. I joined the AMC MovieWatcher Club which is funny to me since I worked there 10 years of my life but hey I am finally back to paying for movies so I might as well get something for all those tickets!!

In other news, the hub and I have taking up walking after work. In absence of any exercise for the last year after our marriage we are starting to see the effects of eating whatever you want when you want. So thus we need some exercise. So we started walking around the neighborhood. Its a good way to see your neighbors and to examine how other people decorate/landscape their houses. There are a lot of great hills behind our house so we have been getting to see some pretty views.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Behind Door Number One

Have you ever watched those TV Game shows where they have a couple of doors and behind one is a grand prize? Well, this weekend the hub and I found out what was behind our Door #1. The hubby and I are starting the beginning phases of landscaping our backyard. Our first step, was to clean out the area behind our garage. When we moved in, there was about 2 feet of walking space behind our garage the rest of the area was covered in vines. Vines were growing on the roof and generally it was a mess. Not wanting the vines to take over the roof, we I started to clear out the vines last fall. But after we cut a million vines with only a pair of clippers we gave up and decided to clean out the rest in the spring. Spring came around and we didn't do much until one day when I was sick a few weeks ago, I ran into our gardener. I showed him the mess and asked if he knew of anyone who could come clean it out. I could tell he was actually, quite happy for me to broach the subject of ...

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 2

Five more questions. The first three to respond with correct answers by Midnight tonight wins a DVD from the ones I have. 1. What drink did I try to order in an Austrian Restaurant but was served sludge instead (two answers I will accept)? 2. What is the name of the hotel I stayed at in Amsterdam? 3. Who was the last person Brokencnady wished happy birthday to and who is that person in relation to lollipop? 4. What was the purpose of lollipop visiting Austria? 5. During my trip to Amsterdam for the trade show I saw a movie I later took my Husband to see the week after I returned which movie is it? GOOD LUCK!

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 3

Ok, so who will be the first to respond today Vanessa or Toby? The competition is getting tough!!! Remember people I have 3 DVD's to give away daily. So make sure to play!! If you are just chiming in, you can find the answers in previous blogs or trust what the previous people have posted is correct and steal their answers. 1. What color was the robe the hub and I wore at Red Rock? 2. What item in my Red Rock Hotel room did I like the most? 3. What is the full name of the friend whose house we stayed at in Vegas? 4. Which cartoon character did I think the printer guy in Austria looked like? 5. Which Red Light District themed "lady" was my favorite?