Skip to main content

Kindness Month


The thing about inspiration is once it gets going it’s absolutely an amazing thing! Over a month ago, parents sat down and tried to figure out what the heck we would do to replace a most beloved in-person MLK event in pandemic times.  

What grew out of that meeting was something extremely special and proves a point, that kindness even in it’s littlest form matters.  Last night 12 children out of 123 that participated, volunteered to speak about their month long acts of service within their home/neighborhoods (1 child spoke from Brazil where her family got stuck in the pandemic) via a Zoom celebration. 

These kids were amazeballs! Our teachers were amazeballs! Our administration were amazeballs!  I about cried when the principle said “my soul feels full” and when another teacher declared “Kindness is our Jam!” ...just so moved to have witnessed a teeny tiny idea blossom into such inspiration. 

This project was OPTIONAL, the kids didn’t have to do it on top of all their other work, the teachers didn’t have to talk about it or support it in their classrooms but sooo many people did support it and they WOW’d on so many levels....and that...is truly inspiring especially in a times like these.  The cherry on top was LAUSD presented school with a certificate of kindness. 🍒


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Behind Door Number One

Have you ever watched those TV Game shows where they have a couple of doors and behind one is a grand prize? Well, this weekend the hub and I found out what was behind our Door #1. The hubby and I are starting the beginning phases of landscaping our backyard. Our first step, was to clean out the area behind our garage. When we moved in, there was about 2 feet of walking space behind our garage the rest of the area was covered in vines. Vines were growing on the roof and generally it was a mess. Not wanting the vines to take over the roof, we I started to clear out the vines last fall. But after we cut a million vines with only a pair of clippers we gave up and decided to clean out the rest in the spring. Spring came around and we didn't do much until one day when I was sick a few weeks ago, I ran into our gardener. I showed him the mess and asked if he knew of anyone who could come clean it out. I could tell he was actually, quite happy for me to broach the subject of ...

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 2

Five more questions. The first three to respond with correct answers by Midnight tonight wins a DVD from the ones I have. 1. What drink did I try to order in an Austrian Restaurant but was served sludge instead (two answers I will accept)? 2. What is the name of the hotel I stayed at in Amsterdam? 3. Who was the last person Brokencnady wished happy birthday to and who is that person in relation to lollipop? 4. What was the purpose of lollipop visiting Austria? 5. During my trip to Amsterdam for the trade show I saw a movie I later took my Husband to see the week after I returned which movie is it? GOOD LUCK!

What is Twilight?

I have loved movies and worked in movies and I consider myself knowledgable about movies but I have no idea what this whole Twilight craze is all about. Do you? I know it's something to do about vampires and that it's the new Harry Potter but what the heck is it? All of the sudden everywhere I go I hear about Twilight. They are interviewing talent on the radio and I have no idea who these stars are. It's like Hollywood grew a new list of talent over night and didn't tell me. Anyhoo, that movie opened last night to gang buster numbers but yet, I have no idea. I have no idea about the Jonas Brothers either. Am I getting old? I guess so.