Skip to main content

VOO DOO DONUTS

Hubs took a man-cation to Portland to see his buddies Matt and Montez. My one request, to please bring me home a donut from the famous Voo Doo Donuts. I've heard about them for ages and have been dying to try one forever! Well, the good hubby that he is, he brought me home three! A plain glazed one, a bacon maple bar, and a Memphis Mafia Bar a.k.a. an apple fritter with chocolate and peanut butter. The maple bacon one was shear heaven, the apple fritter was amazing, and the plain one, I asked him why a plain one? Well, turns out of the three, that was Penny's personal favorite. So alas, like life, it all worked out! The donuts were amaze balls! And Montez said there is even a better donut shop in Portland. Next time I guess! But it will be hard to keep me away from Voo Doo if I go there. It was definitely, one of the best donuts I ever had.
My Yelp Review: I don't live in Portland and have never been inside this place but I heard about the donuts and when hubs went to visit friends last week I asked if he could stop in and bring me home a donut. Well, he brought home a Maple Bacon Bar, a Memphis Mafia Doughnut, and a plain glazed doughnut. He handed me the box and I opened it with excitement to see what he had brought me. I was freaking excited to eat them as they looked wonderful, even after traveling all afternoon on a plane. I took a bite of the Maple Bacon Bar and it was amaze balls!! Then a bite of the Mafia doughnut and it was sooooo good as well. I only had a few more bites because of my darn diabetes but those bites were so worth the spike of sugar that hit my system. Good stuff!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Behind Door Number One

Have you ever watched those TV Game shows where they have a couple of doors and behind one is a grand prize? Well, this weekend the hub and I found out what was behind our Door #1. The hubby and I are starting the beginning phases of landscaping our backyard. Our first step, was to clean out the area behind our garage. When we moved in, there was about 2 feet of walking space behind our garage the rest of the area was covered in vines. Vines were growing on the roof and generally it was a mess. Not wanting the vines to take over the roof, we I started to clear out the vines last fall. But after we cut a million vines with only a pair of clippers we gave up and decided to clean out the rest in the spring. Spring came around and we didn't do much until one day when I was sick a few weeks ago, I ran into our gardener. I showed him the mess and asked if he knew of anyone who could come clean it out. I could tell he was actually, quite happy for me to broach the subject of ...

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 2

Five more questions. The first three to respond with correct answers by Midnight tonight wins a DVD from the ones I have. 1. What drink did I try to order in an Austrian Restaurant but was served sludge instead (two answers I will accept)? 2. What is the name of the hotel I stayed at in Amsterdam? 3. Who was the last person Brokencnady wished happy birthday to and who is that person in relation to lollipop? 4. What was the purpose of lollipop visiting Austria? 5. During my trip to Amsterdam for the trade show I saw a movie I later took my Husband to see the week after I returned which movie is it? GOOD LUCK!

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 3

Ok, so who will be the first to respond today Vanessa or Toby? The competition is getting tough!!! Remember people I have 3 DVD's to give away daily. So make sure to play!! If you are just chiming in, you can find the answers in previous blogs or trust what the previous people have posted is correct and steal their answers. 1. What color was the robe the hub and I wore at Red Rock? 2. What item in my Red Rock Hotel room did I like the most? 3. What is the full name of the friend whose house we stayed at in Vegas? 4. Which cartoon character did I think the printer guy in Austria looked like? 5. Which Red Light District themed "lady" was my favorite?