Skip to main content

I Don't Want To Go To Work Today

The thing about only having 10 sick days a year is that you have to plan how to use them which you are not supposed to do because they are sick days and you are supposed to use them when you get sick. So what happens when you fit the definition of sick but could easily take more than 10 sicks days? Hum. Tough one.

Technically due to my situation I could be sick all week and all next but instead, I find myself only being able to take one day yesterday and one day Friday when I may or may not have to check into the hospital pending Thursday's test findings. If I use all10 days this month I won't have anything left for whatever may happen in the next part of the year. And considering what has already happened I better save some days.

So that means I need to suck it up and go to work today and have a million people ask "How are you doing?" Is it okay to say, "I am doing fucking shitty, thank you?" Probably not. What is worse is that we have our huge conference this week. Career wise I should be talking to everyone but instead I am trying to figure out ways to avoid everyone so I don't hear those dreaded words.

Today I am avoiding a big day by staying in my office as everyone will be off location so hopefully today won't be too bad. Tomorrow I just have to get lost in the crowd. Man, I can't believe I am actually thinking about how to get lost in a crowd at 7:30 in the morning. Man, this sucks. But at the same time I want everything to be over so I can start fresh and never have to think about January 2011 ever again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Behind Door Number One

Have you ever watched those TV Game shows where they have a couple of doors and behind one is a grand prize? Well, this weekend the hub and I found out what was behind our Door #1. The hubby and I are starting the beginning phases of landscaping our backyard. Our first step, was to clean out the area behind our garage. When we moved in, there was about 2 feet of walking space behind our garage the rest of the area was covered in vines. Vines were growing on the roof and generally it was a mess. Not wanting the vines to take over the roof, we I started to clear out the vines last fall. But after we cut a million vines with only a pair of clippers we gave up and decided to clean out the rest in the spring. Spring came around and we didn't do much until one day when I was sick a few weeks ago, I ran into our gardener. I showed him the mess and asked if he knew of anyone who could come clean it out. I could tell he was actually, quite happy for me to broach the subject of ...

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 2

Five more questions. The first three to respond with correct answers by Midnight tonight wins a DVD from the ones I have. 1. What drink did I try to order in an Austrian Restaurant but was served sludge instead (two answers I will accept)? 2. What is the name of the hotel I stayed at in Amsterdam? 3. Who was the last person Brokencnady wished happy birthday to and who is that person in relation to lollipop? 4. What was the purpose of lollipop visiting Austria? 5. During my trip to Amsterdam for the trade show I saw a movie I later took my Husband to see the week after I returned which movie is it? GOOD LUCK!

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 3

Ok, so who will be the first to respond today Vanessa or Toby? The competition is getting tough!!! Remember people I have 3 DVD's to give away daily. So make sure to play!! If you are just chiming in, you can find the answers in previous blogs or trust what the previous people have posted is correct and steal their answers. 1. What color was the robe the hub and I wore at Red Rock? 2. What item in my Red Rock Hotel room did I like the most? 3. What is the full name of the friend whose house we stayed at in Vegas? 4. Which cartoon character did I think the printer guy in Austria looked like? 5. Which Red Light District themed "lady" was my favorite?