Skip to main content

So Proud

Yesterday at my hubby's work they had their second Grilled Cheese Invitational but this was the first time hubby participated. Last time he was a judge. All his co-workers were invited to get their grilled cheese on. There were 3 categories people could participate in. "The Traditional" (you know the regular bread & cheese category), "The Kuma Sutra" (anything can be in the sandwich as long as 60% of the sandwich was cheese), and "The Dessert." Hubby decided to participate in the last two.

For the Kuma Sutra he made his famous mac n cheese and then sliced it into blocks. He put it on Hawaiian bread with butter, more cheese and BBQ rib meat and then he panini'd it. For the dessert competition he made these ricotta cheese, ice cream, and blackberries, then he battered the sandwich and deep fried it and topped it with powered sugar and a blackberry sauce. Now my husband is a good cook and I knew he'd win and sure enough he won both categories! I think his co-workers were so surprised he took the competition to a whole different level. That is my husband, taking things to another level.

Luckily I got to have some bites before and after the competition. I am very proud of hubby as he really is such a good cook. He is very inventive. So good job Chef Hubby!!

Comments

Unknown said…
I am looking forward to take a big bite of the deep fried blackberry ricotta ice cream sandwich!
You better get to our house fast as there is only 4 left!

Popular posts from this blog

Behind Door Number One

Have you ever watched those TV Game shows where they have a couple of doors and behind one is a grand prize? Well, this weekend the hub and I found out what was behind our Door #1. The hubby and I are starting the beginning phases of landscaping our backyard. Our first step, was to clean out the area behind our garage. When we moved in, there was about 2 feet of walking space behind our garage the rest of the area was covered in vines. Vines were growing on the roof and generally it was a mess. Not wanting the vines to take over the roof, we I started to clear out the vines last fall. But after we cut a million vines with only a pair of clippers we gave up and decided to clean out the rest in the spring. Spring came around and we didn't do much until one day when I was sick a few weeks ago, I ran into our gardener. I showed him the mess and asked if he knew of anyone who could come clean it out. I could tell he was actually, quite happy for me to broach the subject of ...

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 2

Five more questions. The first three to respond with correct answers by Midnight tonight wins a DVD from the ones I have. 1. What drink did I try to order in an Austrian Restaurant but was served sludge instead (two answers I will accept)? 2. What is the name of the hotel I stayed at in Amsterdam? 3. Who was the last person Brokencnady wished happy birthday to and who is that person in relation to lollipop? 4. What was the purpose of lollipop visiting Austria? 5. During my trip to Amsterdam for the trade show I saw a movie I later took my Husband to see the week after I returned which movie is it? GOOD LUCK!

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 3

Ok, so who will be the first to respond today Vanessa or Toby? The competition is getting tough!!! Remember people I have 3 DVD's to give away daily. So make sure to play!! If you are just chiming in, you can find the answers in previous blogs or trust what the previous people have posted is correct and steal their answers. 1. What color was the robe the hub and I wore at Red Rock? 2. What item in my Red Rock Hotel room did I like the most? 3. What is the full name of the friend whose house we stayed at in Vegas? 4. Which cartoon character did I think the printer guy in Austria looked like? 5. Which Red Light District themed "lady" was my favorite?