Skip to main content

Some Good In the World

So I have been on this "the world is going to hell" kick lately and this morning I went to check in on my favorite dog rescue group, The Mutt Scouts (http://themuttscouts.wordpress.com/) and I discovered that the dog I was worried about months ago is doing well. From all indications I thought she was going to die when I first heard her story but a miracle happened and she is a heathly little girl ready to make someone's life a little brighter. I am glad to know "good" things still happen in this crazy world. Keep the good comin' people.







REPOSTED FROM THE MUTT SCOUTS SIGHT

Yes, believe it…this is Polly Pockets…formerly known as Frail New Friend
Alive. Thriving. Elated. Healthy. New.
When we rescued her -plainly put- there was not much hope. Sure, we were committed, but a few different vets did not believe she would make it.
They feared her too damaged to survive.
We suppose what they were not counting on was her tenacity, her intelligence, and her spirit.
Dog #A792467 was starved – literally – almost to death. One of the worst cases of emaciation we had ever run across. We do not know who…or how…and certainly not: why? Once out of the shelter, and immediately to a doctor, she showed small progress in the first few days, as she was eventually able to hold food down. That changed a week later. Despite testing negative in the shelter, the combination of her compromised health and being in an over-populated shelter proved too much for her, and her second Parvo test came back positive. In addition to emergency treatment, we asked the doctors to immediately start her on Tamiflu – though seen as ‘new school’ by traditional medical practice – it is crucial to properly administer as soon as infection is confirmed.
So: abused first…and then assaulted with Parvo. Most dogs could not have endured the double attack. Polly remained on an IV for the first full week. Every day a question. Every minute a gift. The second week, continued hospitalization and specialized treatment. Oh, and thoughts….and prayers….and the kindest-of-kind compassionate emails.
And you know what? That stealth combo worked this time.
We are all SO GRATEFUL….
…and happiest of all?
Special huge thanks to the girl’s doctors, and supporters.
And every day, aside from proper nutrition, the most comfortable bed, the fanciest collar/leash and toys, and the longest walks in the field….her new most favorite thing to do…
…is to be loved.

Comments

Anonymous said…
you two have the most adorable dog...Mo is lucky...

miguel

Popular posts from this blog

Behind Door Number One

Have you ever watched those TV Game shows where they have a couple of doors and behind one is a grand prize? Well, this weekend the hub and I found out what was behind our Door #1. The hubby and I are starting the beginning phases of landscaping our backyard. Our first step, was to clean out the area behind our garage. When we moved in, there was about 2 feet of walking space behind our garage the rest of the area was covered in vines. Vines were growing on the roof and generally it was a mess. Not wanting the vines to take over the roof, we I started to clear out the vines last fall. But after we cut a million vines with only a pair of clippers we gave up and decided to clean out the rest in the spring. Spring came around and we didn't do much until one day when I was sick a few weeks ago, I ran into our gardener. I showed him the mess and asked if he knew of anyone who could come clean it out. I could tell he was actually, quite happy for me to broach the subject of ...

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 2

Five more questions. The first three to respond with correct answers by Midnight tonight wins a DVD from the ones I have. 1. What drink did I try to order in an Austrian Restaurant but was served sludge instead (two answers I will accept)? 2. What is the name of the hotel I stayed at in Amsterdam? 3. Who was the last person Brokencnady wished happy birthday to and who is that person in relation to lollipop? 4. What was the purpose of lollipop visiting Austria? 5. During my trip to Amsterdam for the trade show I saw a movie I later took my Husband to see the week after I returned which movie is it? GOOD LUCK!

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 3

Ok, so who will be the first to respond today Vanessa or Toby? The competition is getting tough!!! Remember people I have 3 DVD's to give away daily. So make sure to play!! If you are just chiming in, you can find the answers in previous blogs or trust what the previous people have posted is correct and steal their answers. 1. What color was the robe the hub and I wore at Red Rock? 2. What item in my Red Rock Hotel room did I like the most? 3. What is the full name of the friend whose house we stayed at in Vegas? 4. Which cartoon character did I think the printer guy in Austria looked like? 5. Which Red Light District themed "lady" was my favorite?