Skip to main content

FamilyFest 2010



Made a last minute trip to the husband's home town of Sanger this past weekend. Lots of family stuff going on. Here was the low down.

1. Went to visit our Step Mom Faith to get her mind off a few things.

2. Went to visit our Grandma and Grandpa (the hubby's grandparents) because it was their 61st Anniversary! Can you believe 61 years? The hubby and I will be in our nineties if we make 61 years. The hubby's grandparents hosted a lunch at Harry's in Reedley. I found out two things: The tri-tip sandwich is yummy and next time I am checking out the spaghetti because over half the people ordered it. Above: Is Great Grandma June with her great grandson, Clayton. It was nice to catch up with all of the hubby's family whom I normally talk to on FaceBook but don't get to see very much.

3. Went to visit Morris, Brian's dad to wish him a very happy birthday!

We had a really good time hanging out with everyone. I was especially happy to make the following discovery during our trip: hot Cheetos with Jalapeno cheese is really good. Seems it's the favorite snack of choice for the teens these days. Who knew? Everyone seems to be doing good. The Rusca's got a new MAC so all the kiddies that come over have fun playing with the different apps. My nephew Clayton is getting bigger and bigger and still likes the Pokemon. Faith and Morris' dog, Andy seems to be doing okay after an emergency room trip due to a swallowed toothpick in an appetizer. They are preparing for another Disney World trip, a China trip and an Egypt trip. So jealous! Like always, on the way out, I left something behind at Rosemary's....this time my new plates!! Argh. At least I didn't break a jar of honey on their front porch this time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Behind Door Number One

Have you ever watched those TV Game shows where they have a couple of doors and behind one is a grand prize? Well, this weekend the hub and I found out what was behind our Door #1. The hubby and I are starting the beginning phases of landscaping our backyard. Our first step, was to clean out the area behind our garage. When we moved in, there was about 2 feet of walking space behind our garage the rest of the area was covered in vines. Vines were growing on the roof and generally it was a mess. Not wanting the vines to take over the roof, we I started to clear out the vines last fall. But after we cut a million vines with only a pair of clippers we gave up and decided to clean out the rest in the spring. Spring came around and we didn't do much until one day when I was sick a few weeks ago, I ran into our gardener. I showed him the mess and asked if he knew of anyone who could come clean it out. I could tell he was actually, quite happy for me to broach the subject of ...

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 2

Five more questions. The first three to respond with correct answers by Midnight tonight wins a DVD from the ones I have. 1. What drink did I try to order in an Austrian Restaurant but was served sludge instead (two answers I will accept)? 2. What is the name of the hotel I stayed at in Amsterdam? 3. Who was the last person Brokencnady wished happy birthday to and who is that person in relation to lollipop? 4. What was the purpose of lollipop visiting Austria? 5. During my trip to Amsterdam for the trade show I saw a movie I later took my Husband to see the week after I returned which movie is it? GOOD LUCK!

Summer DVD GIveaway Part 3

Ok, so who will be the first to respond today Vanessa or Toby? The competition is getting tough!!! Remember people I have 3 DVD's to give away daily. So make sure to play!! If you are just chiming in, you can find the answers in previous blogs or trust what the previous people have posted is correct and steal their answers. 1. What color was the robe the hub and I wore at Red Rock? 2. What item in my Red Rock Hotel room did I like the most? 3. What is the full name of the friend whose house we stayed at in Vegas? 4. Which cartoon character did I think the printer guy in Austria looked like? 5. Which Red Light District themed "lady" was my favorite?